SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was vacuuming my car and the stupid seat got stuck all the way back almost against the back seat. The lever apears to be working just fine, but the SOB wont friggen move! Ive been trying to rock it back and forth, even to the point where the car started to move! I tried taking the seat out to see if that helps, but the back right screw wont break loose, and b/c of where the seat IS, the angle sucks for leverage. I even took apart the center concolse to gain access to the screws for the cover of the tracks, but nothing that I can see is in the way. HELP!!!! Its driving me nuts driving like im 9 friggen feet tall!!

-Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
There should be a wire that connects across the bottom of the seat. When you pull on the lever it pulls on both sides. I'm guessing that might have come off and you are only unlocking one rail.

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, that was the first thing I checked. It even pulls the teeth out of both tracks. Its stuck on the right side (if youre sitting in the car) so...anyone else?

-Mike

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
Look for a coin or something in the track or rail. Fish it out w/ a screw driver and you should be good to go.

John

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked that too, nothing that I can see is obstrucing the way...anything else? =\

-MIke

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
I agree with what john said, I couldnt figure out why my damn seat wouldnt move when i moved it back to clean and i found a penny that fell in there after moving the seat that i couldnt see until after i had taken off my seat and looked at the rail.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
yup.. I have had a god damn penny FOD out my seat rails tons of times.... i even had a sneaky dime do it.. that one was harder to get out... chances are theres something jammed in the track/s if all levers are functioning still...

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
Yeah the change in the rail thing happend to me twice also, wouldnt let my seat move....i had to take the seat out and use needle nose pliers once i saw where the penny was..

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
same here, when i bought the 200sx it had 4 pennies jammed in the passenger seat. annoyed the f*** out of me. it was a long drive from round rock texas to milwaukee (the drive home from picking it up) with a seat that was in the all-the-way-back position with 3 people in the car. it could have been worse, in the all-the-way to the front position. i took the seat apart first thing when i got home.

good luck.

·
-John-
690 Posts
I've never had the problem, I need my seat back all the way anyway :) But I agree something must be jammed, just take it out it takes less than 5 minutes.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Nismo654 said:
I've never had the problem, I need my seat back all the way anyway :) But I agree something must be jammed, just take it out it takes less than 5 minutes.
The seat track seems to be the perfect size, as I have been owned by change too.

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, stupid dime was the culprit! Only after I had my friend help me get the seat out (read: he's 3x's bigger then me and was able to break the bolt loose ;)) did I find it. Was a pain to get out after that just b/c of the location of it. I had to losen the big metal plate that holds the mechanism to allow the back of the seat to move. Stupid dime! Ah well, all is better now. Thanks for the advice guys!!!! Hopefully this will popup in a search or something if anyone else has the same problem.

-Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Majestical69 said:
Yeah, stupid dime was the culprit! Only after I had my friend help me get the seat out (read: he's 3x's bigger then me and was able to break the bolt loose ;)) did I find it. Was a pain to get out after that just b/c of the location of it. I had to losen the big metal plate that holds the mechanism to allow the back of the seat to move. Stupid dime! Ah well, all is better now. Thanks for the advice guys!!!! Hopefully this will popup in a search or something if anyone else has the same problem.

-Mike
I guess this happens to a lot of us cuz I had a quarter stuck in the track on my passenger seat and only when I had the seat taken out did I figure out that was the problem, and I tried so hard to get the seat forward that the quarter was in 2 pieces.

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Mine used to get stuck all the time, with NO coins in the rail. It would just get stuck.

I had to let someone sit up front and pull the lever while I push from the rear.

I hated riding back from the car wash seat all the way back though. :tongue:

edit: Glad your ten cents richer :D

·
Owned by Maximas!
4,064 Posts
I'm so glad I found this thread. I have the same issue :)

I have my seat all the way back and I'm 5'5 so it's a pain to drive. I looked for change on the rails but I can't find anything. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. :eek2:

PK

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
I still have a passenger seat that one rail will not slide on... I couldn't find anything in the way, and the wire/claw is attached and functioning.

It's out of the car in the garage now, but it could make a B13 owner happy to have that rail if I could get it fixed.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Owned by our smallest coinage. How sad.

·
Do the non-believers Bad.
1,377 Posts
^^^^Ha ha ha = OWN3D by a dime! Ha ha ha. My lil brother had a nx 1600 and the passenger seat was jammed like that, I remember watching him kicking the ****! outta that seat and it wouldnt budge, well he wrecked it, I bought it from the insurance company and was swapping his interior into my 2000 and found a penny and a quarter in the tracks stuck together an bent in half!!!! The worst thing is: I fished them outta there with a freaking pen, it came right out!!! stupid coins.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually have the exact same problem. When i first got my car, i had no problem with moving my seat back and forth, but now it is completley stuck! and yes i have looked for change in the seat rail, i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Chad

·
1.6 3/25/06 VE 7/11/06
2,276 Posts
another one here. my driver's seat is stuck, this sucks b/c now for me to reach the pedels i have to have the back part of the seat almost vertical. looks like i'm going fishing for coins when i have the chance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts