SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to track down some strange vibrations after the ES motor mount install (dogbone and rear insulator only). I noticed that the drivers side motor mount is adjustable (similar to how the front is adjustable). I moved where mine was and it seemed to help.

Can a couple people who have never touched there drivers side motor mount (under battery) take a look at it and tell me if the bolt is at the top, middle, or bottom of the slot?
Thank You.

Jason

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Maybe everyone on here has had their motor mounts out.
May want to go on b15sentra.net and ask this question since probably more people over there have never touched their motor mounts as opposed to this forum

*ducks*

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
0 Posts
Jacen99SE.
Before I played "crazy Nissan technician" my driver side mount was bolted about 1/2 way up. I remember this because of the millions of times I messed with the car in that area and the bolt marks are still there. The shop manual states that the drivers side mount adjustment is for getting the proper length of the front control mount (dog bone which I think can be adjusted also) of 2.1 to 2.2 inches from bolt center to bolt center, and to help level the whole engine. Vibration problems are more then likely some thing else. My whole engine has been at differant angles due to differant mounts and the vibration really never changed. Personal advise.... install JWT mounts on passenger and drivers side (trany) and Energy S. black graphine Poly inserts on the rear control mount and front control mount/dog bone. Then your engine should sit level and have great responce.
Good luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
my bolt was between the middle and top. Theres a chance that it could move on its own though, so i dont know where it began.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bringing this back to the top.
Come on, anybody with a B14 who has never touched their drivers side motor mount please go take a look at it. Open the hood, look under the battery, and tell me where the bolt is in relation to the slot. You might need a flashlight. Less than 5 minutes. Please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts