SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes. i found the experience rather disappointing. eight cylinders, jet fighter cockpit, electric-adjusting everything, black leather all around, huge tires. guess what?: I wouldn't trade my SE-R for any of that. the sound and feel of the eager, responsive, CAI-and-header-equipped sr20, there's nothing like it. jabbing the gas in the 840, i found myself waiting for the back-punching torque, and waiting, and waiting; i had to check the tach and speedo twice for signs of life.driving through some Maryland backroads i experienced the vaunted German engineering, but i found myself wishing for the light, telepathic handling of my classic.and ride quality:the BMW was way harsher. so the point of all this:you classic owners have a rare, secret, gem of a car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'00 BMW M5 will kick your little SE-R, LOLLLLLLL No MATCH, not even close. It will whipppp your car over and over and over and will make you cry. LOL

·
Registered
303 Posts
my old boss used to have an 850ci with the 12 cylinder. that thing was sweet.. and fast! i've driven it a few times and got it over a 100mph on the highway, and the windows and sunroof close automatically. pretty trick.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
BMWs are fantastic automobiles, even the *slow* ones (the 840 falls in there).
The '00 M5? Don't even try it in your SE-R, unless you're consistently running 13.0s at the dragstrip. I've driven one on many occasions (a friend just bought one), and will be driving it again next week in SC.
All I can say is....it is the ultimate 4-door automobile. Big V8 (with 8 throttle bodies, no less), 400hp, 6-speed...
The 'other' BMWs I'll play around with in my SE-R.
Not the M5.
No, sir.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a buck and a half past a cop on the freeway in my cousin's 850csi, yes csi. By the time he pulled out, he was just a little dot getting smaller and smaller. You must be trippin' if you think I even hesitated to slow down. It rides nice, 12cyl., lay rubber anytime you wanted it too. I just don't like the cockpits of European cars, too......plain...no pesonality, except for the 6.8 lcd he had. To bad he had to go and wreck it, dumbass. That car fell apart though, tranny was goin' out, brakes went bad, paint was flakin', sounds like the $66,000 he paid used was money well spent. I did like the trick window thing, kinda the new VW's with key cocked in door. Telescoping tilt wheel, butt warmer, everything, but for some reason it wasn't totally unique.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts