SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i test drove a '92 nx2000 today with 107k on the clock. i noticed the car had a lot of fresh oil underneath it, so i wasn't really planning on buying the car to begin with (even though it was only 3 grand). i got on a highway and put it at WOT, but the car felt like it had the 1.6 in it rather than the 2.0. and plus, it didn't have the powerband kick-in at 4,000. the car felt like it had NO power. it had a whisper sound to it too, like a gasket was going out or something. all i know is, that car's motor was sick. but, if it's nothing major then, would it be cool to buy? do any of yah have any clue what the problem could be?

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
A leaky head gasket would explain the oil leak, power loss, and noise. A compression check would be mandatory even if you were remotely interested.

I don't know about you, but I would hate to have to replace that as soon as I bought the car. $3000 is too much for a car that drives like that, anyway. Pass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts