SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MauiBlueGride:
I use a 97 JWT ECU and just plug it into my NX harness and drop the DET into it or do I need to swap harnesses as well?</font>
It won't work, and I wouldn't bother swapping harnesses, either. It's OBD1 vs. OBD2. '91-93 SE-R/NX/G20 cars can use the same ECU, '94 SE-R has it's own, '95-'97 SE-R and '94-'96 G20 have their own. You'll need to get a turbo program for your ECU anyway if you're going with a DET.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Jusssssst a question... Also I have a 1.5" downpipe for the 200 - will it work with the NX?</font>
I don't see why it shouldn't, unless you'll be using a different turbo, or something.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
But if I switch harnesses and I've got all the sensors - why would it matter? Then I could put the SR20 outta the NX with the ECU and harness into the 200sx.... makes sense to me..... But just checkin.....
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Ok - picked up my 93NX this weekend - I've got a 97 200sx I've been working on gathering parts to install a DET into - after driving the NX I think I like it better - soooooo can I use a 97 JWT ECU and just plug it into my NX harness and drop the DET into it or do I need to swap harnesses as well?
Jusssssst a question... Also I have a 1.5" downpipe for the 200 - will it work with the NX?
Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm a NX newbie.
Chris
www.chrisstorer.com/nx2000
(don't worry lots of work to be done before turbo lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts