SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
I have one, let me see if I can post it tonight.</font>
Thanks, Eric. I did a search and come up with your site but your site is down.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I changed ISPs, so that's why its down. I've been busy with my company's site, so I haven't had the chance to redo my own.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think Ben (forum Super Admin) has one too. I remember seeing it somewhere on thers

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who has a dyno chart showing the gains from the install of the 91 intake cam vs stock B14 cams? I know I've seen one before.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I have one, let me see if I can post it tonight.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
hey i just installed a BB intake cam on my 96 and I wonder what kind of gains I actually recieved..anyone got that dyno chart?

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (w/ a lil sumptin sumptin) photo viewable thanks to Chrissy!

·
Registered
756 Posts

*EDIT.. Sorry, it doesnt have the comparison, blame it on Ben. I stole it from him.

[This message has been edited by WhiteSER (edited 08-11-2001).]

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Sorry for the delay, here's the chart:

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
That last dyno is very optimistic

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
WTF do you mean optimistic? How's that?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
No it ain't. Check out SCCs cam shootout from last year. The 91 intake cam is worth about 9hp and 6 ft-lbs. That dyno chart is right on.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
here is another car with a '91 cam. the first runs are wavy because the timing was way off. This is with stock exhaust and JWT POP, and timing @17. No other mods.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Do you think he read the article? Oh yeah that's right, he embarrassed the SE-R community by writing a long winded letter to SCC. Even they made fun of it by noting that they had to edit it for length. People still talk about that one.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I think naji is a very smart and open minded individual and a lot of people criticize him for it..

my $.02

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
I think naji is a very smart and open minded individual and a lot of people criticize him for it..

my $.02
</font>
By that statement, I see you don't really know him at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 9hp increase seems to be very optimistic.
I have a graph showing a 91 SER with S3 cams with only a 9hp gain. If both of those graphs are correct, I will see a 18hp increase with my S3 cams on my 97 200sx.

JWT claims I will only see a 10-15hp increase with S3 cams.

Mike

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mdpay:
The 9hp increase seems to be very optimistic.
I have a graph showing a 91 SER with S3 cams with only a 9hp gain. If both of those graphs are correct, I will see a 18hp increase with my S3 cams on my 97 200sx.

JWT claims I will only see a 10-15hp increase with S3 cams.

Mike
</font>
You have to remember... That 9hp gain is only representative of ONE particular car that dyno'd with the comparison between the low-port intake cam and the high-port intake cam. Not every car will see the same results. Too many variables to consider.

You can't assume that if a high-port SR20 gained 9hp with the JWT cams, and a low-port SR20 gained 9hp with the high-port intake cam, then the low-port SR20 will gain 18hp with the JWT cams. You can't add horsepower that way. If that were the case, the SR20 would make well over 200hp with just bolt-on's and no internal engine work.

However, it has been shown that a low-port SR20 will show more gains with the JWT cams than a high-port SR20 would.

Regarding the SCC Project Sentra SE-R cam shootout, if anyone has actually read the article, you'll see that Dave Coleman stated something to the effect of, "Since we are using a '98 intake cam in a '91 cylinder head, the gains may not represent the actual gains on a '94+ cylinder head; it's an approximation, but it's the best we could do." Unfortunately, SCC does not have another low-port SR20 in which to do the same tests (Mike Kojima's car wouldn't be representative as he has a fully built SR20.)

FYI, the '98 intake cam is the same as all the low-port cams post-'94 and pre-roller rocker SR20's.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (stock cams, and staying that way)
1998 200SX SE-R (JWT S3 cams, but soon to be stock again)

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I have a '99 FSM, and the '99 intake cam is alittle smaller. The '98 maybe the same, but the '99 is not.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts