SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the dyno. Basically I'm disappointed in how much power was gained from the nitrous. From the first pull the car didn't feel that strong but I figured since I don't have a purge it wouldn't hit hard at first. The next pull was alittle stronger but still not as much as I would've hoped for. However when I checked the pressure gauge it was only at 700psi from what I read best performance is at 1000-900psi. Also without the spray I pulled 4.63-4.65v on the maf, but with the spray I only got like 4.50-4.55v.

I put my dyno results into cartest and it shows the car should run low 14s @ 98-99mph with nitrous and 14.9s @ 91-92mph without it (which I did run on street tires). Another thing I was thinking of doing is moving my exhaust cutout from behind the cat to in front of it in the secondary of the header. Right now I have a pacesetter header, would I be able to get enough power from a gen5 hotshot or OBX header to warrent buying them? Maybe an open exhaust before the car would make more power with n2o than running through my existing exhaust now.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I see you're in Houston, wanna meet up sometime? I've got a DET and we cruise Houston every now and then....

Oh, and I had a 125 shot on my previous DE if you need me to help you out with your car.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be fun to meet up.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the dyno run I used road dyno. Yes I do have a bottle heater, however I didn't realize how long I have to leave it on for the bottle to get up to correct temp.

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
Nismo87SE said:
Also without the spray I pulled 4.63-4.65v on the maf, but with the spray I only got like 4.50-4.55v.
MAF indications are not related to NO2 spraying.
The purpose of NO2 is to "inject" more oxygen directly in the combustion chamber to allow for more fuel to be burned.

What comes in from teh intake/MAF does not matter.

Chris

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Nitrous makes torque, moreso than HP. You only added 39whp (bottle pressure is critical to this). And looking at your dyno chart, you added 53 lb/ft of torque at the wheels.

Right on the money, IMHO.

Next time, have a full bottle and at least 900psi showing on the pressure gauge. Those numbers will go up.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other mods are 2.5in CAI, PS header, JWT S3/ecu, UR UDP, Phenos, 2.25in B pipe + cutout (closed).

NoClassic said:
Thats not a bad power gain for a 50 shot. Almost 40whp and quite a bit more torque. What other mods do you have besides the nitrous?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I do have an exhaust cutout right after the cat but I haven't opened it yet. Yesterday I did 2 pulls at 900psi and it definitly pulls harder, I was pushed into the seat too. I'm thinking of relocating the cutout to before the cat assuming that would help me make more power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts