SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynoed today at Alamo Motorsports in Arlington, TX with a group of VW and SE-R buddies. We were all shocked with my results:

148.5hp and around 132tq to the wheels.

*K&N cone filter
*Pacesetterheader w/ unplugged EGR hole (anybody know where to find a plug for that?!) The exhaust leak sounded like ass
*CN Catback Exhaust
*19degree timing
*91 intake cam

I outdynoed the other 2 SE-Rs who both have more parts than me!!

The VR6's in the group dynoed in the 160-165 range, My friends 99Prelude with i/h/pulley made 175! Billy's 1.8T Golf made 320hp!! A stock Camaro SS made 315.

I will scan the dyno sheets tonight and post them.

[This message has been edited by PlanoSER (edited 10-20-2001).]

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i wanted some input, but I guess nobody cares :(

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
:eek: Those numbers are insane! That is really high. Are u using a Primera Motor or what? My car with more mods made 138whp which is kinda low for my mods but still. sheeshh.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the stock motor with 120K miles

Tommy's classic with K&N, hotshot headers, stillen catback, and Jim Wolf ECU made 132hp

Mike's 95 200sx SER with CAI, stillen headers, Greddy exhaust, UR pulleys, S3 cams, and ECU made 144hp

They were both like WTF when they saw my results hehe.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
They say the Pacesetter is good for 20HP! :D
( yeah right! )
WOW!! I am very impressed and i hope when i dyno my stock 94 SE-R that I can get close results. ...More isnt always better!!

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Maybe the dyno was off and that is how you got those numbers. Those numbers are way too high for the mods that you have. Just a thought :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
those are indeed some nice numbers PlanoSER, just last month i dynoed my car, and came up with 146.5hp to the wheels, thats with primera engine, intake, exhaust, the 20hp pacesetter header:D and pullies.

·
SE-R driver since 1994
1,600 Posts
Those numbers actually sound pretty good to me.

Jon

·
Registered
596 Posts
I thought about the fact that the dyno might have been off, but we had 3 SE-R's go back to back, and Plano's was the last one.

Mine was first and got 132hp and 125 torque. My mods are generic cone filter, HotShot gen 3 header, HKS exhaust, and JWT ECU. Seems kind of low to me. I ahve a 91 classic by the way.

Then a 2000 Sentra SE stock automatic put out 116hp and 110 torque, I think.

Last was Plano with his 200, and he got those ridiculous numbers. What's up with that? I couldn't figure it out at all. Just cone filter, Courtesy cat back, 91 intake cam, 19 degree timing, and Pacesetter header with big, unblocked EGR hole.

And that 1.8T with 320 hp was on 110 octane, but it looks absolutely stock and was super clean!! A nice car!

·
SE-R driver since 1994
1,600 Posts
Sounds like he got a Wensday built car...!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Also, there was another 200 that dyno'ed at 143hp and 124 torque. He has PR CAI, Stillen headers, Greddy exhaust, UR 2 pulley set, S3 cams, and JWT ECU with the cam program. We had some weird results.

Hmm, I just realized that I should probably change my sig.

·
SE-R driver since 1994
1,600 Posts
Speaking of which, do any of you DFW folks need any NA Perf parts? Pulleys or Place Racing CAI? Maybe a header?

Jon

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the dyno was not "off" in my opinion. The other cars that dynoed got the normal #s they should have.

That 320HP 1.8T Golf has tons and tons of stuff, i think hes running a T3/4 Turbo.. his name is BillyT im sure uve heard of him if ure into VWs at all... he ran a 12.3 down in Houston last month.

Turbo91SER: Its gotta be the Wednesday built car ;) Either that, or Pacesetter PoWeRz RuLe, y0! haha

How much for the Place Racing CAI? i need one

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Turbo91SER said:
Speaking of which, do any of you DFW folks need any NA Perf parts? Pulleys or Place Racing CAI? Maybe a header?

Jon
I'm looking for a hot shot gen 3 or 4 header - I'm in Abilene Tx
Dan

·
Registered
483 Posts
well Matt, maybe that's why your car pulls so hard on us. Didn't you race Mike and beat him too. Or is that tommy. Mike has an s3 cams on him too. Maybe your car was kinda tweaked from the factory. It happens. I got some hond buddies that they have the same engine codes and same mods but one pull harder than the other. **** HAPPENS guys, it just so happened that his car is faster.:mad:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Matt, i will be e-mailing you the dyno slip tonight. I checked my oil today and I had next to none in there.:eek:
I guess i should take better care of her.
Next time we dyno i will beat you. :mad:
hahaha!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn mike that sux. Thats why i checked my oil right before I dynoed, it was a little low so i got Tony to drive me to Pepboys and got a quart of mobileone 5w30. I only used half u coulda used the other half :)

dswtflip4u: Yeah i guess I got lucky, you made it sound like a bad thing, hehe. Remember when we raced, i didnt even have the header on yet ;)

Mike: That is cool, i'll check my email in the evening. What did u want me to do with ur dyno sheet? I'd like it just to compare the 2 of ours, I will try and make a graph in excel overlaying the 2 of our plots. That would be cool. I hope you do beat me next time. I dont know what my next mod is going to be? maybe a jim Wolf ECU since I can get it reprogramed when i decide to go turbo.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts