SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really really like to see a picture of your dyno plot. Can you post it anywhere??

I had the same mods except stock ECU and stock exhaust (and PRCAI with K&N) and I got 140whp. Swapping just an aftermarket muffler gained 5whp. I would expect you to be closer to 150 peak whp. What wheels/tires did you have?

http://members.home.com/noslo200/jason%20muffler%20swap.jpg

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have the 4 pulley set and my crank pulley timing marks are a bit off. I set the timing on the stock pulley and had it confirmed on a consult. The i installed the UR 4 pulley set and my 15 degree timing mark is a bit too far to the right. I know the timing was at 15 but the UR pulley reads about 14. For what its worth.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think the consult can actually give a good timing number.
But if you had the timing at 15 with the stock pulley, then put the UR pulley in (and never touched the distributor), and the timing read 14 on the UR pulley, you should be fine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Runs like its fine..

·
Registered
496 Posts
SlowSeR and i are headed to a dyno on tuesday. I am going to fiddle with timing anf get a base line at 15 degrees and move it to around 17 or so. I have the wolf computer so i should be at 15 but i am curious as to any HP boost. I'll post results from both ourt cars, his is a '93 and mine 96, with identical preps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts