1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I finally got a printout of the dyno run. I posted it here

http://www.geocities.com/n_dahi12/s3_c3.jpg

Please tell me what should I do next. The losses are pretty high.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

[This message has been edited by nj1266 (edited 09-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by nj1266 (edited 09-12-2001).]

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I give up geocities is not working. This SUCKS

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
It works, you just have to copy the link and open it in a new window.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
dude, looks like you lost torque..

</font>
I lost torque and hp from 0 to 6500 rpm. Sucks to be me

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Are Mike K's C3 dyno numbers and charts available?

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Why don't you post the numbers for jesus' chariot over on clubsi in the si vs all forum. Show them your nissan supremacy.

[This message has been edited by WhiteSER (edited 09-12-2001).]

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
Why don't you post the numbers for jesus' chariot over on clubsi in the si vs all forum. Show them your nissan supremacy.

[This message has been edited by WhiteSER (edited 09-12-2001).]
</font>
Oh how nice. Dude, don't think for a minute that my car will stay low on power for long. It is just a new learning process that I have to master.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Are Mike K's C3 dyno numbers and charts available?

</font>
Mike K. has a fully built engine. His numbers do not translate to a bolt-on engine with cams only.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I know, but that wasn't the question. Are his dyno charts online anywhere?

------------------

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, I misunderstood. Check the Mailing list Archive. I believe Kieran has posted the numbers as a comparo with Jack's car.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just for those who are curious, here is a dyno chart of Rob Cadle's car with the C3 cams (the chart contains runs performed with three different ECU programs):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCal-SERCA/files/C3%20rev%20by%20CAG.gif

I remember something being mentioned on the mailing list (although in reference to S3 cams) about a lot of mid-range torque being lost with incorrect cam timing. This may be your problem. Looking at your chart (and I don't claim to be any sort of expert, by the way), you car is probably going to be only marginally faster than it was with the S3 cams, unless you fix this...

If you do decide to go with JUN cams, I look forward to seeing your results, as it seems that people are getting good results with them. Now, if only somebody knew anything about the Toda cams...

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I remember something being mentioned on the mailing list (although in reference to S3 cams) about a lot of mid-range torque being lost with incorrect cam timing.</font>
According to Clark, these cams do not require cam timing adjustments. They are ground to the specs that Rob used AFTER he adjusted his cam timing. But Rob and I have two differernt port designs and maybe cam adjustment is necessary.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This may be your problem. Looking at your chart (and I don't claim to be any sort of expert, by the way), you car is probably going to be only marginally faster than it was with the S3 cams, unless you fix this...</font>
You are exactly correct. If these cams do not improve power beyond their curent state, then S3 cams are much better. Keep in mind that the 147 that I recorded with the S3 cams was W/O the ECU. With the ECU I would have been at around 150 hp. So the C3 gain are close 7-8 hp in the current tuning state.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you do decide to go with JUN cams, I look forward to seeing your results, as it seems that people are getting good results with them. Now, if only somebody knew anything about the Toda cams...</font>
If I go with JUN I am going all out. I am going to become the JUN Posterchild
Their cams, computer, cam springs, flywheel and dyno tuning will cost me around $3500. But that will be after I exhausted all possiblities to tune the C3s.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 92SE-R:
No worries Naji, we will get your power back up soon enough. How did adjusting the timing go? I need to get back to you Friday night about dyno tuning.

Terrin
92 SE-R
</font>
Well I retarded the timing like you and I discussed over the phone. The car felt better. There is less bogging in the low range. There was a flat spot between 4-4.5K. Beyond that the car pulls better than before. I Will put it on a dyno on Friday afternoon. My brother will come with me since he is leaving work early. We will do a full ignition timing sweep. After that you and I and the others will do the cam timing as agreed.

I am looking at this as another learning experience even though it is pretty costly.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

1 - 20 of 21 Posts