SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well .. I really need to upgrade my fuel. For now I'm just going to get an adjustable FPR and take the MBC off (10 psi is the lowest it can go). As you can see how lean I am..we retarded the hell out of the timing. No ping whatsoever. I'm still going to play it safe, though. I'm taking the MBC off and just running 7psi until I can upgrade the fuel.

Engine : u13 DET
T25 w/ a t3 Super 60-1 wheel and 360* bearing
2 1/2 jgy downpipe
3" exhaust (with a 3" catco cat!)
Walbro 255lph
E-manage

This was done at 10psi ..

I'm probably forgetting something, but I'll post it up if I remember. I have no more fuel to give and the car is as tuned as far as it can go. Also, if anyone is wondering I was using exxd's base maps and I modified it from there. Unfortunately I really couldn't go to far thanks to the lack of fuel available. :p

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
looking good man! Prolly need to go to 4 bar fuel pressure and just change the injector correction percentage to suit the new flow.

Brent

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure I can get a lot more out of that turbo. I can't wait till next pay period. ;) Well .. make that two pay periods. I spin my tires all the way up to 7000rpm in 2nd gear, and then into 3rd. H rated tires rock!

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Nice numbers,can't wait to dyno mine!!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I only got one clean pass in. The rest of the time I kept blowing off i/c pipes; partially due to too much oil in the pipes from when the oil seals blew in the T25. Now that I see my a/f I'm glad I only got in one pass! At 10psi I ran a [email protected] (dont have slip in front of me). I slipped the clutch at 2000rpm, got a 2.6 60ft, and a [email protected] 1/8th. hahaha .. Car went EVERYWHERE when I shifted into 2nd.

Before messing w/ the timing and the e-manage I put down 228whp on my first run. So I figure that's about the power I was putting down several weeks ago at the track.

I'm not going back until I upgrade the fuel system. :)

·
retired
1,501 Posts
pdr said:
Well I only got one clean pass in. The rest of the time I kept blowing off i/c pipes; partially due to too much oil in the pipes from when the oil seals blew in the T25. Now that I see my a/f I'm glad I only got in one pass! At 10psi I ran a [email protected] (dont have slip in front of me). I slipped the clutch at 2000rpm, got a 2.6 60ft, and a [email protected] 1/8th. hahaha .. Car went EVERYWHERE when I shifted into 2nd.

Before messing w/ the timing and the e-manage I put down 228whp on my first run. So I figure that's about the power I was putting down several weeks ago at the track.

I'm not going back until I upgrade the fuel system. :)
Do you have the igniton/injection harness? Did you go from 228 to 234 just changing the maps? How is that base map working out for you?

-Nate

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have both harnesses. The first pass I was basically 16:1 all the way across, dipping down to 15:1. So I gave about 20% more fuel all the way across (under 100% throttle) and retarded the timing. That just dropped the a/f about 1 point, but got me 234whp. Until I get an FPR, I'm out of injector. That still is just a temporary solution.

I think your maps are good for stock boost. Daily driving is fine. I get about 25mpg with me getting on it once or twice. The dynjoet I was on couldn't pick up partial throttle a/f readings too well so I'm not sure what the daily driving readings are. I'm going to throw an FJO wideband (gonna weld the o2 bung on!) on there and do some fine tuning.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
Great Numbers, I hope I can get some numbers close to that with my set-up. Everything is just about the same but I'm running it on a JDM DE. But I already have a Nismo FPR and Walbro Pump already......numbers should come out good when I get it on the dyno to tune it with the Emanage.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
I think 370's at 3 bar Max out at just about 240 WHP at 4 Bar they max out at about 270-280WHP? Correct me if I'm wrong....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
97SE-R C2 said:
Damn thats a lean A/F for that WHP. I thought the 370's could handle 240whp even at 3bar.
Well, Aaron from ATS said that they are at 100% duty cycle around 230whp. So I tried twice to give it more fuel with the e-manage and nothing really changed. The best I got was for it to drop about a point at 6000rpm on up. I'll try replacing my FPR and see what happens.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
pdr said:
Well, Aaron from ATS said that they are at 100% duty cycle around 230whp. So I tried twice to give it more fuel with the e-manage and nothing really changed. The best I got was for it to drop about a point at 6000rpm on up. I'll try replacing my FPR and see what happens.
Thats good to know. I was wondering what HP I was putting down to get my 103 traps in my B14. I was on the Stock 3 bar setup on a DET with no cams and Emanage. Thats why it seems wierd that they are maxed out, I ran higher E/Ts with no tuning and a regular T25. Sounds like you need to fix the pipes and get back to the track for a clean run. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure if I didn't spin my tires everywhere the traps would be higher. :)

I replaced the faulty t-bolt clamp and put a bead around the ends of the i/c pipes. No more pipes blowing off for me. :)

I know NoClassic ran a [email protected] in his b13 w/ the T25. I'm sure I'm capable of trapping higher since my turbo can actually hold a bar no problem. Just have to fix the fuel issues. :(

Oh yeah, when does the MAF become "maxed" out? I need to know when it's time for me to upgrade to the Z32.

·
retired
1,501 Posts
pdr said:
I'm sure if I didn't spin my tires everywhere the traps would be higher. :)

I replaced the faulty t-bolt clamp and put a bead around the ends of the i/c pipes. No more pipes blowing off for me. :)

I know NoClassic ran a [email protected] in his b13 w/ the T25. I'm sure I'm capable of trapping higher since my turbo can actually hold a bar no problem. Just have to fix the fuel issues. :(

Oh yeah, when does the MAF become "maxed" out? I need to know when it's time for me to upgrade to the Z32.
I was maxing out the stock maf @ 8psi about 5500rpms. Log everything and check it out. The stock maf maxed out way before the injectors (in my case). At around 240whp the duty cycle was 98%

Im fixing my fuel problem tonight (if im not being a wuss..cold + wind). A FPR really is needed though, 3bar 370s just isnt enough fuel. Let me know when you get the fpr.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
i assume you mean super 60 compressor? a 60-1 is a GIANT T4 compressor wheel, like what i have in my car. nice #'s though. what turbine housing you running? the stock 0.64 or the 0.86?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You need a Nismo fuel regulator to help you bump up the fuel to about 58psi, and you will get a lot more power, with a better a/f (not so damn lean!!!). If you need one, I can get you a deal on one real cheap, let me know man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts