SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all of the articles and write ups, I feel like the custom DynoMax exhuast is best for me. I have a '97 SE-R...

However, are the write ups for the '98 SE-R the same for the '97? Will the same "20 inch can for the 98 fit on the 97?

Sorry is this has been covered specifically already, could someone point me in the right direction?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust
Now equipped with competion racing MOMO floormats!!!$

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnny GreenBack:
After reading all of the articles and write ups, I feel like the custom DynoMax exhuast is best for me. I have a '97 SE-R...

However, are the write ups for the '98 SE-R the same for the '97? Will the same "20 inch can for the 98 fit on the 97?

Sorry is this has been covered specifically already, could someone point me in the right direction?

</font>
Yeah the muffler will fit

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
909 Posts
The muffler will be the same. The only thing that will change from the 97 to the 98 is how long the mid pipe is. The 98 has a longer cat so that means the mid pipe would have to be shorter. Since you are going with a cuatom set up, the shop that does the work will not have a problem making this mid pipe.

MarC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I hate to ask, but which Dynomax muffler was it? 19.5 UltraFlow SS..?

Is there a particular part number for that?

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Get a resonator if you go with the Ultra-flo. Trust me, my friend has one on his SE-R without the resonator and it drones like a bitch.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fully plan on using a resonator, I had actually planned on upgrading the stock one to a longer one. But which UltraFlow SS? I have read up on it, but no one mentions the specific part #.

Any one have the part number?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey sorry, I've got the muffler on the way. I'll will for sure update when I get it on, but I've ran into a problem finding a tip!

I can't seem to find the right tip for what I want. I called Stillen, but my service rep guy is a dick. I'm still looking and plan to have it installed by the end of next week!

I called A-1 Performance Exhaust in Houston. http://www.a-1performance.com/

Anyone have any idea where to find a good resonated tip?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm having a tough time finding a 2 1/4 inch inlet, 3' outlet, stainless steel in and out, resonated tip!</font>
I don't know if I've seen one of those. I'll check my notes this weekend.

You can put the exhaust together and just add a tip later.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, update time. Today the muffler shop said that muffler looks like it won't fit.

On the upside, he did say if I came back in the morning, he would put my car up on the rack to take a closer look.

The guy said it will probably be too long and hang too low to the ground....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">On the upside, he did say if I came back in the morning, he would put my car up on the rack to take a closer look. </font>
Its the morning. How did it look?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The guy said it will probably be too long and hang too low to the ground....</font>
He needs to get off his ass and do some work instead of making excuses.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And he did get off his ass!

He had to modify my B-Pipe, but it did fit (of course)......

I'm incredibly pleased with the muffler so far. I used a 3" Dynomax tip (50 bucks!) and the overall setup looks great. The mechanic did do a good job with good, soild welds and silver spray paint to make 'em look nice.

The sound is great! I almost got sorta teary eyed with joy at how much better the sound is without that damn Flowmaster. I still need to crawl under there for a final look.......

THANK YOU JACEN99SE!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts