SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an e-brake lover. I use my e-brake everyday around tight turns or when u-turning. My rear brakes are shot and I have SEARCHED but have not found any cheap/easy REAR BRAKE upgrades for the NX. I want to try maybe Altima or Maxima rears if they are much bigger, then just get 16" wheels to make it work...then my e-brake will be able to lock at 80mph. Right now I can't lock my e-brake up at all! DOH! I'm looking for salvage yard wonders here, don't give me any websites for expensive carbon composite rotors, or tell me how great abs or ebc pads are. THANKS!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
YEAH!!! Another e-brake lover!!!
My wife thinks I'm crazy!!!!
"Why do you always have to do that?" LOL.......

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
if you upgrade the rears and not the fronts you will have too much rear brake bias. You DO NOT want this.

·
Gone V8 Hunting Lately?
1,172 Posts
Hello My name is Harry and I am an e-brake additct!

Maybe you should just get some new rotors and pads from the local auto parts store and tighten up the e-brake cable. That should get them to lock up when you want.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I also love the e-brake, but only on my moms car. ;)

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
You guys need a cusco spin turn knob like me :) Freeplay of the ebrake is fun!

·
Slowly modding...
389 Posts
My name is Ken, and I also love using my e-brake around corners, into parking spaces, and to do u-turns.

My only advise is pull harder on the handle :) Better pads maybe?

·
1,447 Posts
b13ken said:
My name is Ken, and I also love using my e-brake around corners, into parking spaces, and to do u-turns.

My only advise is pull harder on the handle :) Better pads maybe?
Ken, you ready for more urban ass draging when you get back from japan?

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Your cable is probably stretched. Have you tried adjusting it?

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
man, i love the e-brake, and to the guy who said its dangerous- its not like i do it in rush hour phucing traffic! its probably much less dangerous than actual drifting.

i have adjusted mine, but my e-brake sucks, its really hard to get it to lock. and how bout this? i can only lock it around left hand turns and not right. does that mean that left is not grabbing as hard as the right??

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW, I'm surprised so many responses...Yea, I know the bias would be off, but I could get one of those adjustable bias dealies.
What's a CUSCO spin knob turn thing? Is that something to block off pressure to the front brakes so that the braking force only applies to the rears?
Here's a good poll question---What is the highest speed that someone has locked up their rear with stock NX brakes?? Maybe new good pads and rotors, and a tighter cable will do it, but it would be nice to have bigGER brakes too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, here's my BEST e-brake story---got up to 40-45mph, slammed the e-brake, spun 180, spun the wheel JUST RIGHT, coasted at 20mph in REVERSE about 30 feet, then flipped the wheel and hit the e-brake, spun 180 again, and took off going straight at about 5-10 mph!!! I wanted to see if that trick in Fast and the Furious was even possible, and it IS!!! I couldn't believe I actually did it. Oh yea, it was raining of course.

·
Slowly modding...
389 Posts
gpriceynissan said:
Oh, here's my BEST e-brake story---got up to 40-45mph, slammed the e-brake, spun 180, spun the wheel JUST RIGHT, coasted at 20mph in REVERSE about 30 feet, then flipped the wheel and hit the e-brake, spun 180 again, and took off going straight at about 5-10 mph!!! I wanted to see if that trick in Fast and the Furious was even possible, and it IS!!! I couldn't believe I actually did it. Oh yea, it was raining of course.
Hahaha, thats awesome. The craziest thing I have done is an ass-drag on a curved highway onramp at about 50-55 mph. It doesn't sound scary but having you car facing a curb at that speed, wow. Just getting out of a drag at full lock is pretty awesome. I wish I had my car, I wanna learn some more tricks.

·
-John-
690 Posts
I admit it, it as used nearly every day. I have admitted my problem and hell no I'm not going to quit. I once had this friend of mine in the car and she asked if I can "make the car slide like in the movies", I said oh boy can I and it has become more and more addictive guilty pleasure, I know my car doesnt like it too much. I'd suggest keeping the brakes you have and getting mediocre pads so you can continue to do it...pads aren't too much and pretty easy to change, thats how i'll keep it at least.

·
1,447 Posts
The spin turn knob is a very simple thing. It goes over your ebrake button and when you psh the button in, it stays in, so you can pull up and drop the ebrake w/o having to hold the button. Then you pull out on the button to lock it. Its great :)

-Josh

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
like stated above (my car doesnt like it!) lol very true myn doesnt either!!!\
im not a e brake addict lol but it is actually very functionable... if your in a tight jam and theres no time for a 3 point turn i just gas it and pull it!! i was addicted tell one time i was smashing of the freeway and it was off a empty exit.. nothingggg around soo i chirped into 2nd and right at the top of second i just crankkked the wheel hardd and ripped the hell out of the e brake and it slid sidways then kicked the back in out soo hard and fast it cought alittle edge and lifted up my side of the car!!! it was kinda scary

so truthfully whatch out doing that **** high speed. it can reallly **** your car up or you .

·
Registered
361 Posts
YOU ARE ALL NUTS..And thats all I have to say about that.

Respectfully,
Forrest Gump

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
i used to use the e-brake ALOT with my celica... id slide everywhere haah.. i kinda of stopped cuz after that my brake light would ALWAYS be on... the only time i use it now is im going pretty quick and i see a cop i pull it up untill i slow down gradually and let it fall(cuz if you press the brakes your car jerks and the cop can see that, but if you pull the ebrake it isnt noticable, also if u drop it in to 5th really quick you slow down quite fast but it is hardly noticable

1 - 20 of 37 Posts