SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with school finnaly ending, just got finals left.. I've finnaly managed to get some time to get some good work done on the "ebay" car.

A couple weeks ago, me and George pulled the motor. Since a friend had my hoist, we ended up just disassembling it in the car, and pulling it out by hand in pieces. It threw a rod bearing on a .5mile trip from work to my house, go figure. I guess I'll either rebuild it for boost, or sell it for parts.

For those who aren't aware, this is going to be my new chasis, swapping everything from my NX1600 DET into it.

On with the pictures.

When I picked it up

Swap'd over the AGX/GC combo suspension

Test Fitting FMIC

Cleaned Engine bay (For the most part)

Backside of FMIC

My Parts Room (Man i need to sell some of this)

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Crim: Change your sig! :D

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FastNX said:
I'll buy those three jugs if they contain apple cider ;)
Oh those jugs contain something way more vile then cider! I do believe its a special blend of motor oil, transmision oil and brake fluid....aged to perfection. PM me and I'll hook you up with a good price! :)

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
It's sad to see that NX laid to rest..it had a good haul.
Here's something I bet most of you guys didn't know: Many of the parts used to swap the SR20 into that NX came from a Yellow NX in Canada ;)

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahah I didn't know it was yellow. I was *just* thinking about that yesterday as I was pulling the tranny from the NX. I noticed one of your axles's boots rip'd, so I stood up and raised my fist and was like "DAMN YOU FASTNX!" Even tho its not your fault :)

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Hah. I remember I carried the axles and bunch of other stuff across campus to the post office, everyone was like WTF :confused: I had a yellow NX hood in my dorm room for a few weeks too, that got alot of attention

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahahaha thats funny as hell. Those parts sat in my boss's shed at work for a complete year before i got the $$ to get that motor. You sold them to me 2 years ago I'm surprized you even remember.

What would be really interesting is to see where parts you've sold are now. I'm sure things like turbo kits get passed on from member to member all over the country.

I know that canadian (not sure if you sold it to me or someone else) gauge cluster (in KPH) just got sold to some guy in california who's using it. That things been on every side of NorthAmerica just about.

Its cool to have a community where people are able to communicate such great distances to share not just knowledge but cool parts too :D

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
good point. I mean nobody would ever throw a turbo or manifold away, im sure they get circulated like 10 times.

Of course i remeber selling that stuff to you, you saved my life. If i hadn't, I would not have been able to buy a bus ticket home for the holidays. I had about $1509 in my bank account, and I bought the NX for $1500 and I didnt have a job

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
yes, remove the emblems please!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.