SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
its stock ;)
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
I don't know much about them, but it looks like a good deal to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
From what I read when Ebay had alot of those they are a good deal and work good. Search and you will find the threads.

THAT DAMN SAYING SHOULD GO: You always get what you pay for somtimes.

Its a short shifter what exactly would make it a $120 part?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
I've had my ebay short shifter on the car for 2 years now. Hasn't done me wrong yet. Even after i decided to hack saw 2 inches off the top of it this past summer. :D

David
 

·
stirring but plain-faced
Joined
·
993 Posts
A good friend of mine had one of those in his classic. To begin with the the holes where it attached to the shift linkage where the wrong size(too small). We got a little creative with it and managed to get it working pretty well. Then it snapped just above the pivot ball after only a few thousand miles. Others seem to never have problems with them, so who knows, maybe he just got a bad one.
 

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
I take my comments back. From researching the results on this forum I have come to the conclusion that you need to just get a name brand shifter. Even a Pacesetter! Because I would not take the chance of being stranded somewhere because I bought a cheap as shifter.

I dont alway agree with the saying "you get what you pay for". BUT I do agree with the saying "Do it right the first time"! It would highly piss me off if I bought the cheap part and wound up not being able to drive my car because it broke. Ebay strut bar......cool! But the stick used to SHIFT your car into gear? Hell no Im not going to take that chance. I dont care if 97% dont snap. You dont want to take the chance of being in that 3%.
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
The bolt is smaller and I don't think mine will break as long as your not a dumbass slamming in the gears. I shift very smoothly and easily...even when racing. It is cheap, but it is only 10bucks. So, if he broke it...it's his fault. There's no reason / way you could break this thing without abusing it.

I haven't put mine in becuase I am too lazy to get the bolt. But a friend has one and it works fine. Which is why I bought mine.

And yeah...they are VERY generic. But, when you look at your shifter...think about it. How much different can you get from model to model.

JasonQ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
It would probably do good with an ES shifter bushing. 10 bucks isnt bad, you could always buy 2 just in case.
i agree with buying the es shifter bushing. this should help with the overall feel of the shoft shifter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460466196&category=33736

my cousin just bought one of these obx peices along with the ES bushing. he said that it is very similar in feel to my pacesetter with ES bushing.

granted his is on a 200sx se-r and mine is a b15 se


if i had to do it again, i would buy the obx over the pacesetter. not that i have had problems with it, it's just that i could have saved some money :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
I've got one in my car, bolt hole was wrong size, but other than that good stuff.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
I should take that as well, as far as "You get what you pay for" but I also still l wouldn't buy that ebay SS because of what I've read, and I agree that atleast the pacesetter SS would be good because if that ebay thing snaps, I'd say good luck getting home. Anyways, I've have a OBX header and a ebay strut bar that are considered "cheap" but they can fall off the car, no problem i will still get home.

tony


Johnny wangwang said:
I take my comments back. From researching the results on this forum I have come to the conclusion that you need to just get a name brand shifter. Even a Pacesetter! Because I would not take the chance of being stranded somewhere because I bought a cheap as shifter.

I dont alway agree with the saying "you get what you pay for". BUT I do agree with the saying "Do it right the first time"! It would highly piss me off if I bought the cheap part and wound up not being able to drive my car because it broke. Ebay strut bar......cool! But the stick used to SHIFT your car into gear? Hell no Im not going to take that chance. I dont care if 97% dont snap. You dont want to take the chance of being in that 3%.
 

·
stirring but plain-faced
Joined
·
993 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
The bolt is smaller and I don't think mine will break as long as your not a dumbass slamming in the gears. I shift very smoothly and easily...even when racing. It is cheap, but it is only 10bucks. So, if he broke it...it's his fault. There's no reason / way you could break this thing without abusing it.

I haven't put mine in becuase I am too lazy to get the bolt. But a friend has one and it works fine. Which is why I bought mine.

And yeah...they are VERY generic. But, when you look at your shifter...think about it. How much different can you get from model to model.

JasonQ
My friend is in no way a dumbass. If a part does not perform to atleast OEM quality then i see no reason to waste your money on it. Have you ever seen or heard of an OEM nissan shifter rod breakin, NO. From my personal experience this part is ****, but as i said i am sure that there are others that have never had a problem with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
eBay parts scare me. IMO, you are only looking for trouble down the road w/ questionable parts. There are plenty of people who use cheap parts and they definitely work; however, 6 months to a year later I wonder how many times they've had to fix the part.

I have the B&M and ES bushings and it is great. A little rattling but the feel is awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
I picked an ebay short shifter a couple years ago. The bolt hole size problem can be a problem depending on how you deal with it. I didn't do too well and ended up with loose linkage after about 4 mos. Instead of fixing it I got a B&M. The quality construction of B&M and its fitment is far, far better.

For the quality of the $10 I spent on the ebay short shifter, it wasn't worth the time I took to install it. I wish I hadn't bothered.
 

·
Boost Addict
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
I've been using my Eaby SS now for almost a year w/no problem. The only thing is that the stock bolt and nut was too big for the hole in the shifter, so I just used a smaller one with two nuts, so it won't back off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
I bought my B&M used for $40.

I chopped off 2 inches from the top to. :)
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top