SR20 Forum banner

EBC Green pads

453 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gsr20det 
G
#1 ·
Anyone tried them? Seems everyone is on Porterfield or Axiss MM. EBC's are great on my motorcycle.

#2 ·
IMO, EBC should stick to motorcycles.

I dislike their Red and Yellow stuff. Everyone I know that has had their greenshit did not like it. Stops OK, but tends to glaze when used moderately hard. There are better choices out there (KVR, Porterfield R4S, Metal Master)

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

#6 ·
I agree the Metal Masters stop well. This weekend I drove an Altima and a Miata both with MM. My only problem is the dusting. Damn the dusting! Washed the Miata on Friday, drove it 100 miles and dust is forming on the wheels already. Same with the Altima. Less than a week and the wheels are dusty as hell.

I wish more people would give KVR pads a try. I have them now for the AD22VF brakes on my SE-R. Stops every bit as good as MM and the dusting is almost non-existent.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

#7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AFSE-R:
Anyone tried them? Seems everyone is on Porterfield or Axiss MM. EBC's are great on my motorcycle.</font>
Craig and Jack both had EBC Greens at the convention they and all the instructors who drove the cars loved them. This was on the small tight circut at Summit. <shrug>

#8 ·
I like my wilwood pads

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

#9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:

I wish more people would give KVR pads a try. I have them now for the AD22VF brakes on my SE-R. Stops every bit as good as MM and the dusting is almost non-existent.

</font>
How much do these go for?

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

#10 ·
I've had my KVR's on my NX for 2 years now (approx. 20k miles), and I LOVE them. Very little dust, stop MUCH better that stock pads (which aren't bad for stock pads), get better and better as they heat up. They are little weak until they get broken in, but the are worth it!

www.cyberauto.com

has them for $43.91/set for AD22VF setup! IMHO, that is only a small amount extra for a LOT of extra braking performance. They also have pretty fair prices for ACT clutches, too, from what I've heard other people paying for them.

GET 'EM!!!!

#11 ·
I use and love the Meatl Matrix race compund. Very hard to find, but worth the premuim over the regular Metal Matrix. Personally, I'm pretty easy on pads. I've only faded Porterfield RS4s at ButtonWillow, but not the regular MMs. I decided to work on braking later (and thus harder) and switched to the MM race pads, and love them on the track and the street in my SE-R with the NX upgrade brakes. I can get them for less than $60. I can get regular MMs for less than $30.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.