SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to run a diagnostic on my ECU for my '93 NX-R (SR20DE) using info I've found for NX's from various tutorials. I've pulled out the ECU but I can't locate the screw that is meant to be next to the red LED to start the testing. Anyone know what the deal is?

The top image is a ECU from a 180sx with a CA18DET (with the screw). The bottom image is of my ECU.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
hmm..... interesting... should be in the round hole on the back of the ecu....

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you look on the sides, there should be a sticker covering the screw. That will allow you to run diagnois on the ecu.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Edit: didn't see the pic of your ecu... lol. It should be right there, in the hole. Maybe the AU versions didn't have that feature. Get a factory service manual, it will tell you how to run a diag. Is yours a b13 chassis? Is it the same as the American-version NX2000?

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
Some non-US ecus do not have the screw. Yours may be like that. On your consult port jumper the top two right pins, this does the same thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calum said:
Some non-US ecus do not have the screw. Yours may be like that. On your consult port jumper the top two right pins, this does the same thing.
Thanks Calum - I think your probably right. I've managed to find how to go about testing the ECU using the consult port for a N14 Pulsar (SR20DE) here in Australia, so it should be the same for the NX.

white classic said:
Is yours a b13 chassis? Is it the same as the American-version NX2000?
Yeh it's a B13 - almost the same as the NX2000.

qinsac said:
If you look on the sides, there should be a sticker covering the screw. That will allow you to run diagnois on the ecu.
There's nothing down the sides of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did the diagnostic test tonight by shorting out the consult port - in the end it was very easy to do. Nothing wrong with the car according to the test... only thing is now I still need to find why it's lacking in performance.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
You know what, my stock ecu had a screw but no diagnostic light. Weird huh, maybe ill take some pics of it.
The check engine light flashes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts