1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone recognize this ECU?

This is what I heared about this ECU.

Because of the Europe import restrictions of the Nissan-cars in the early 90's.
To bypass these restrictions, Nissan Europe let these ECU's produce in Europe by a different company. That's why this extra (chip)-board is in the ECU.
The advantage of this ECU that is can be reprogrammed easily.

Does anybody have experience of reprogramming / remapping this ECU?

Any other comments?

Kind Regards,

Kevin (Europe)

(building a SR20DE(t) with GTI-R pistons)

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
It appears that the ECU has had the daughterboard added as JWT does with its reprogrammed ECU's. That's not a JWT however, my guess is they are using to 8 bit chips, verus the single 16 JWT uses to get the job done. Anyone care to Chime in? As far as what the program is, theres no way to tell w/ out a ROM reader, and even then, I couldn't tell you what it meant. Sorry I can't help further.

BTW, I'd like to see some pics of your SR20 powered B12.

John

EDIT: It says JECS on the board. I may infact be a modified stock ECU to meet restrictions (looking closer it appears the chips say "Pre95 car"), or it could be a modified ECU to maximize performance upgrades. What platform is the ECU for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

On the chip is not standing "Pre95 car", but "5M39T Presscar".

On the bottom there is the following text:

ROM.NO. C391AEMB,14

And also the order.no, parts.no and lot.no

This ECU is build for some Primera P10eGT cars (1991 till 1995).

The goal of this topic is:
I would like to reprogramm this ECU, so that I can safely drive with the 370cc-injectors.

more pictures of the B12-SR20DET you can find on http://www.tati-motorsport.nl

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
That board appears to:
1. Allow 16 bit 40pin roms to be used
2. Allow dual bit 24 pin roms to be used.

If you can donate it to myself, or Calum, so we can get a schematic, that could greatly advance us in the field of making aftermarket ecus for everyone.

As for reprogamming it - it look like you can install a 40pin eprom - call JWT and ask if you can just buy that and explan that you already have a daughterboard.

Chris

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Why not? Its got the socket....

I can also reprogram ECUs, been doing it over a year...

I don't have a board that takes two 8bit eproms though.... which some people like because the eprom burners are cheaper...

Chris

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
EPROM chips tend to use an industry standard pinout. If its got a 40 pin socket you can almost take it to the bank that a jwt eprom will drop right in. The larger eproms are backwards compatible too, the extra address pins are unused for the smaller ones.

I like the dual 8 or single 16 ability, thats slick.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It does have two 40-pin headers on that board, so perhaps depending on which eprom(s) you populate you probably have to switch the header...
I'm thinking use an IDE cable interface, you can easily swap...

Detailed pics would be nice...

Chris

·
Registered
989 Posts
heh, think harder guys....

Calum said:
EPROM chips tend to use an industry standard pinout. If its got a 40 pin socket you can almost take it to the bank that a jwt eprom will drop right in. The larger eproms are backwards compatible too, the extra address pins are unused for the smaller ones.

I like the dual 8 or single 16 ability, thats slick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are the options with this ECU?

1. Replace this eprom for the JWT-eprom? (if it fits on the daugtherboard).

2. Is it possible to reprogramm this by myself with the right hardware / software?

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
B12-power said:
Hello,

Does anyone recognize this ECU?

This is what I heared about this ECU.

Because of the Europe import restrictions of the Nissan-cars in the early 90's.
To bypass these restrictions, Nissan Europe let these ECU's produce in Europe by a different company. That's why this extra (chip)-board is in the ECU.
The advantage of this ECU that is can be reprogrammed easily.

Does anybody have experience of reprogramming / remapping this ECU?

Any other comments?

Kind Regards,

Kevin (Europe)

(building a SR20DE(t) with GTI-R pistons)
Kevin,

some Primera GTs had an ECU made by Siemens but from the looks of it in the pictures this is not one of them. It seems that this ECU is a JECS unit same as the ECUs in B13/N14 (91-95) that we all have.

The add-on board is different than any other I have seen but in all probability you can tune it (if you know what you are doing as stated above).

For starters you need to search this forum for posts with the keywords 'ECU tuning down under" and "Consult board". Then follow every link in thoise threads and you will know pretty well what you are up to.

Bsically, you will need to buy or make a Consult board and SW, read the ROMs from the stock ECU (alternatively and more easily get an EPROM reader/programmer like the one you mentioned and read from the chips themsleves) and then start thinking about making changes to the ROM data.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts