SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a bored maf and jwt ecu w/ turbo, pop, bored maf, 370 inj, 4bar programs yesterday. I was told to install the maf and the ecu and start the car.. when i started the car the idle was jumping erratically and eventually stalled. I put my stock ecu back in with the bored maf and the car ran fine. did the car not run properly because I did not install the injectors? The guy I talked to said to install the maf, ecu and start the car.. if no problems install the injectors and let it run for a week.. if no problems go on to install the turbo components. I really feel it was not running prop because I did not have the injectors installed because that is what the ecu was programmed for. The guy told me that the car should still run but just run very lean... any suggestions, than other punching this guy in the grill? also can you install a fuel rail w/out removing the intake manifold? thanks

·
Nissan Guru
215 Posts
You must install the maf/injectors with the ecu. Then next week through on the turbo!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
The guy you talked to is a moron. Stop listening to him. That's kinda like trying to fit 165 wide tires on a 7" rim. Just doesn't work so well...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Your advisor was an idiot.

Even the best ideas go to the shitter when your instruction is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts