SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I saw a site somewhere that sell these things for like $25. Thought I bookmarked it, but nope. Anyone know the site? Thank.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Has anyone used this particular block off plate?
I've seen a couple home made ones, but the kit comes with gaskets for the block off plates and I was wondering if that improved the function or if a home made block off works just as well.
TIA

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
can those be used on a B14? it doesnt say so, but my EGR stuff looks very similar, if not the same?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
NateSR20 said:
can those be used on a B14? it doesnt say so, but my EGR stuff looks very similar, if not the same?
I think so. I have a lowport intake and I'll check it against a highport in the morning and let ya know. ( I was supposed to do this a couple weeks ago and got tyed up at work sorry Geo :( )

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
can those be used on a B14? it doesnt say so...
From the web site:
"Fits all high-port SR20DE motors"

That rules out any B14 unless you've swapped in a high-port motor.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
ya well my pacesetter exhaust is sold for a Classic, but it still worked on my B14

sooo maybe this could work out as well

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
High-port and low-port EGR is different; the NISsport parts WILL NOT fit a low-port.

Don't know about the CEL. Since these were developed for race cars, we don't care.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how come they have 2 EGR kits. both are for the high port motor, but one's got way more pieces and includes gaskets. $25 vs $33. Why do you need gaskets for something you're BLOCKING OFF!!!??? WHat is it i'm missing here?!
Someone please explain!

·
and the Blackhearts.
850 Posts
gaskets for the plates perhaps. as far as throwing a code, you will but a 1/4 watt 64k resistor on you egr temp sensor wire will fix that. I just got a CEL and some odd hesitation at low RPM so I am doing the EGR kit soon.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
make them and save some money if you have a dremal or a sawzaw.

you can go to the local parts shop and get metal gaskets for next to nothing for our engines. i jsut used hitemp gasket maker and it workes fine.

i made mine perfectly with a dremel, drill and saw zaw , they came out nice.
just trace the old egr stuff

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
Since the two block-off plates cover holes in the intake plenum, you better get them sealed well or you'll screw the pooch. Need I elaborate?

And again, the high-port egr ports are shaped differently from low-port, so they won't interchange.

·
Registered
271 Posts
jrbump, where can you get a 1/4 watt 64k resistor? I just checked radioshack.com and they dont show that size on the site...they have them in the store you think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts