SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n gals, i look at some peoples engines and they dont have the egr or the whole breather assembly. it makes the enginbay look less cramped..do you need them on their besides to pass smog inspection??

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies
http://www.geocities.com/averex2k/dennis/dennis.htm
Or Vist the Biggest Collection os SE-R's on the WEB: if you want you pic added, email me :)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1757993&a=13556536&f=0&sp=1&showall=true

G

·
BRO, HAVE A FIELD DAY AND TAKE ALL THAT SHIZNIT OFF.
I took off my bpt and even my aiv recently and the car runs fine.
Sonn as I figure out how to make a cover for the egr im taking that off too.
Screw it!!

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i would be interested in taking apart the EGR/BPT, also. i have a question. does a hotshot header have holes for EGR and O2?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
lol aight
do you have pics of your engine bay?

</font>
I wish I had a digital camera.
Im thinking about taking some pics on a regular camera and going to wal-mart and having the pics put on CD. I just might do that. Soon as my car is clean.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
858 Posts
for egr hole cover, just trace the egr flange on 1/16" or 1/8" aluminum sheet metal cut and file to same shape then make bolt holes using an egr gaket as guide and bam your done just polish and place with a new gasket and a little coat of permatex gasket maker.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Doesn't the EGR have a feed-back loop to the EGR? If so, it has to have some effect on engine management?

Damn! What I ment to say...

Doesn't the EGR have a feed-back loop to the ECU? If so, it has to have some effect on engine management?

[This message has been edited by Andrew (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes, I have a brand new Hotshot header sitting on my desk behind me. It has holes for the EGR, O2, and AIV. The header also comes with a plug for the AIV, for people that have a '94 classic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
i would be interested in taking apart the EGR/BPT, also. i have a question. does a hotshot header have holes for EGR and O2?</font>
------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
what's that, you want to sell it to me for 50 bucks?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts