SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who could give a rats ass about emmissions...In order to rid of the egr crap on b14s, what has to be done? Just weld the bung on the header shut, and make some sorta plate to cover where the EGR solenoid goes, or do you leave the solenoid attached, and just close up where the EGR tube is?! TIA.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
0 Posts
I followed instructions from an earlier post. I removed the EGR "mushroom" from the intake manifold, there is a metal gasket with two holes between the manifold and mushroom, cut a pop can and two poster board pieces to replace this gasket, place the metal piece between the two paper pieces and replace the mushroom. There you have it, looks legal, but no dirty exhuast mixing with the intake charge. Also, while the EGR was off the manifold I used some TB cleaner to clean out some of the build up in the intake. I had no problems with the car at all after this operation. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by likenew91:
I followed instructions from an earlier post. I removed the EGR "mushroom" from the intake manifold, there is a metal gasket with two holes between the manifold and mushroom, cut a pop can and two poster board pieces to replace this gasket, place the metal piece between the two paper pieces and replace the mushroom. There you have it, looks legal, but no dirty exhuast mixing with the intake charge. Also, while the EGR was off the manifold I used some TB cleaner to clean out some of the build up in the intake. I had no problems with the car at all after this operation. Hope this helps.</font>
thanks!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts