SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 200sx se-r keeps throwing codes for the EGRC-BPT(P0402) and the knock sensor (P0325).
I've replaced the EGR tube with the smaller dia. one to cut down on exessive flow & replaced the EGRC-BPT.
I was told by the mechanic I've gone to alot in the past that the knock sensor was being tripped by something else and wasn't necessarily bad. When I pull the codes from the ECM and then clear it, the CEL lamp will stay out for awhile and then come back on. I've even had it go out by itself, stay out for months & then come back on with no appearent performance issues. When that happens it's always the same two codes.
Searching here, somebody said that the knock sensor wouldn't kick the CEL lamp on by itself & I question whether the knock sensor's bad. My mpg's and full throttle power are fine.
Short of taking out the whole EGR system, is there anything else I can look at (this has been going on for years). It wouldn't bother me too much except that I hate the CEL coming on all the time.
Any ideas?

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the knock code until you fix the EGR code. The ecu tends to throw a knock code with other codes often. I'd check the egr tubes and hoses for clogging.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts