SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to the car mod world so please excuse me if these are stupid questions.

If I put eibach prokits on my 98 200sx ser, do I NEED to upgrade the stock shocks as well? TireRack says that the prokits will lower an ser about 1.5". Will these springs create any alignment problems? Bump stear problems? etc. If anyone has done the same thing please let me know how it worked out.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
do you NEED to...no. but usually the best thing you can do (from a performance perspective) is upgrade the struts. i have found that with stock struts and the pro-kits, there is a bit of toe. i found the inside of my tires wearing after i had a full front end alignment. i wouldn't cut the bump stops until you install new struts, unless you have the time and tools.

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cutting bump stops? What is that? My goal is to decrease the wheel gap and tighten up the feel of the car.

With new struts would there still be alignment problems?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
yes, anytime you add something new to your suspension i'd suggest an alignment. forget about the bumpstops thing. i was thinking about something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts