·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering which are better, any Opinions? Sportlines Vs Pro Kits

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
From what i've been reading, ProKits don't lower your car as much, and they are also progressive...they give a smoother ride.

i don't believe the sportlines are progressive and they also lower the car more than the 1.3 inches or so that the Prokits do.

i'm under the impression more people have gone with ProKits...but i'll let them tell you all about it.

i myself just got a set of ProKits, but am waiting to for more cash to buy struts too

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Both Prokits and Sportlines have linear rate front springs (around 150-160in/lbs, IIRC) and the rear springs are progressively wound.
Sportlines lower the car too much, causing the car to bottom out more than you would like. Not to mention it's not stiff enough for the amount of lowering it provides. Prokits are good if you want that slightly more aggressive ride without sacrificing too much suspension travel.

If you really want that slammed look, then go with the Sportline... But my money is on the Prokits.

Prokits and KYB AGX struts are a pretty good street suspension combo (definitely stay away from stock struts, KYB GR2's, and Tokico HP's with lowering springs).

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
80 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:

Prokits and KYB AGX struts are a pretty good street suspension combo (definitely stay away from stock struts, KYB GR2's, and Tokico HP's with lowering springs).

--Andrew Phan
</font>
That is the setup I'm currently looking at for autox. You saying that it's a good street setup has me worried, though. Would I be wasting my money (aka wanting something better soon) if I were to get these for STS? This car is also my daily driver, and I don't have a great deal of cash, so this may be my only viable option anyway. I'd really like some opinions before I put up the money though =) TIA

Joel

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Parson:
That is the setup I'm currently looking at for autox. You saying that it's a good street setup has me worried, though. Would I be wasting my money (aka wanting something better soon) if I were to get these for STS? </font>
I'm saying it's a good street setup, but that doesn't mean that I'm saying that it would be bad for autoxing. To tell you the truth, I've had no experience with Eibach Prokits on the track or autox course. Though, there is a local guy here in the SF Bay Area that autocrosses his '98 SE-R in STS, and he has Prokits and AGX's... Pretty darn fast, if you ask me (FYI, he's way faster than me).

Naji Dahi (nj1266) had Prokits and AGX's on his 200SX, and he has done a few track days with them, and I'm sure he could chime in on what he thinks.

FWIW, I think the setup (Prokit/AGX) is adequate... Though if it were me, I would go with something better (Ground Control/AGX, Truechoice, Shocktek, etc... The expensive stuff)... But that's just me.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R (GC/AGX)
1993 NX2000 (something that's not stock)

·
Registered
80 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:

FWIW, I think the setup (Prokit/AGX) is adequate... Though if it were me, I would go with something better (Ground Control/AGX, Truechoice, Shocktek, etc... The expensive stuff)... But that's just me.

</font>
I would love to, but as you said, the expensive stuff =). Maybe in a few years when I have enough money to put it on the track I'll go that route. Appriciate the input.

Joel

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know how much the TrueChoice stage two setup goes for, those look pretty interesting, how do they compare to the GC setup? Are they simular?

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20:
Does anyone know how much the TrueChoice stage two setup goes for, those look pretty interesting, how do they compare to the GC setup? Are they simular?
</font>
Looking at the Truechoice website (www.truechoice.com), I believe it is very similar to the GC/AGX setup, but using Koni sport shocks (single-adjustable).

I do not know how those Koni dampers compare to the AGX's, though. There's a downloadable catalog on the website that contains the price range for their suspension solutions. Would be a good idea to download it to take a look, or give Truechoice a call.

--Andrew Phan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts