SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose Eibach make there sportline springs for the NX ? or only prokits ? And what performs better the sportline's or the prokits ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
201 Posts
You probably want to go with the Prokits. Even then, I would match them up with some better struts, such as the KYB AGX. I think you'll still see premature strut wear because the Prokit drop is on the edge of being too much and the spring rates are too soft. You definitely do not want to put the Sportlines on. They will lower the car way too much and you'll have a really crappy ride.

Now, I don't know if Eibach makes either spring for the NX. I know they used to, but IIRC, they are not in production anymore. There are some alternatives, thoguh. I have all of the specs and if you remind me, I'll email them to you later when I have access to them.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the kyb agx struts already, but I have them with intrax springs and I want springs that are stiffer, my under standing of the intrax springs they have the same spring rate as the OE ones. im not in for ride comfort to much more for performance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i dropped my NX with sentra springs..they are the same, they fit, and eibach makes them for the sentra,,...so there you are...

·
Registered
201 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YeloBlammo:
i dropped my NX with sentra springs..they are the same, they fit, and eibach makes them for the sentra,,...so there you are...</font>
Why would you do that? The Sentra springs are shorter than the NX springs, so they will drop the car way too much. I had some prototype Sentra springs on my car and they made the car slammed. It rode like **** too.

Don't bother putting the Sentra lowering springs on an NX. I couldn't find my notes on the springs, but there are other vendors out there. Hypercoils might have a set coming out soon and I think ST might make a set. Sprint possibly? Check around. You'll find them.

Ben

·
Registered
201 Posts
Found the info in an old email. Here ya go:

Stock
123 lbs constant rate in the front
114 constant rate in the rear

Prokits

1.4" drop in the front
1.1" drop in the rear
160 lbs constant rate in the front