SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help
I'm using my usdm harness for my gtir swap but only a few of the actual sensors plug up, I can't get my injectors to plug up, how do I fix this problem? do I have to swap the conectors, how many sensors will be like this one??
Thanks Jason

G

·
Here is the deal:

1. TPS connector: there are 3 wires on the TPS. Leave the middle one alone. Cut the outer two and switch them around. This is b/c the GTi-R TPS rotates in the opposite direction as the DE.

***I believe this only applies if you are using the JWT reprogrammed DE ECU. I am not sure,but I think you *do not* have to do this step if you are using the GTi-R ECU. If you are using the GTi-R ECU, go ahead and skip this step and see how the car runs. If it runs like crap, then you know that this step was necessary. So, JWT DE ECU, do it. GTi-R ECU, skip and see what happens.

By the way, you will know you got it right if you use a voltmeter to check the TPS voltage at closed and WOT. Ground the voltmeter and probe the + lead to the middle wire. With the key "ON", but not running, the meter should read 0.45 to 0.55V. At WOT, the meter should read over 4.0V, like close to 4.20V.

2. Injectors: cut off the plugs from your partial GTi-R harness and solder them onto the DE fuel injector harness. If you do not have a partial harness, these connectors are commonly found at your local Nissan dealer.

3. You will need to extend the wires for the FICD and AAC valves. They should plug right on without problems. IIRC, one of the plugs is different and requires you to cut off the connector from the partial harness and solder it onto the DE harness.

4. Use the DE coolant temp sensors...plural. The 2 prong on and the single male pronged coolant temp sensors. USe these from the DE motor.

5. extend the wires for the O2 sensor.

6. you will need to add ballast resistors in series with each injector. Call and get these from JWT.

7. Use the DE oil pressure sending unit. It threads right in. There is an oil temp sending unit next to the oil filter. This will not be used, as you do not have a factory gauge for this.

Good luck,

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the gti-r ecu so I don't do need to do 1. and what are ballast resistors in series with each injector. I have an auto meter oil temp gauge. could that be used for the oil temp. sending unit?? is there anything else you that will help me, do you any were else I can go to get info, or someone that could help me more??

------------------
Jason

G

·
I have the gti-r ecu so I don't do need to do 1.

***I still think you might need to switch the TPS wires, so just remember this if you do get 0.45 to 0.55V at closed throttle with the key "ON".

and what are ballast resistors in series with each injector.

***The GTi-R injectors are low impedance (resistance) injectors. They need resistors connected to them to operate correctly. An injectors has 2 wires to it: one from the ECU and one to ground. The wire from the ECU needs to be cut and a resistor added between the ends of the cut wire. You will need 4 of these ballast resistors. JWT can sell them to you.

I have an auto meter oil temp gauge. could that be used for the oil temp. sending unit??

***Yes. I believe it is 1/8" NPT, just like the oil pressure sending unit.

is there anything else you that will help me, do you any were else I can go to get info, or someone that could help me more??

***Just e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts