SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok when i got my car like over 3 years ago the check engine light was on. my uncle who i got the car from said it was nothing and had gotten it checked out. i got it checked out too and they said it was some sort of random wire that has a short somewhere around the transmission and it has no effect on anything. recently my driver side window stopped rolling down and my front speakers stopped working entirely. at first these problems only occurred every once in a while but now it happens all the time and they hardly ever work. also when i close my door sometimes all of the doors lock which sometimes results in me locking my keys in the car. does anyone know what could be wrong??? is it related to the check engine light problem???

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't know if it's related to the check engine light.. but it sounds like something in the wire harness going from the door to the car. You would need to get a wire diagram and start testing for shorts. This probably isn't going to be an easy task.
Good luck!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok my friend eric fixed my window, turns out it was a loose connection with some switch and wires behind the door. the speakers im not so sure about. the amp for the front speakers is cold so either the amp is dead or power isnt getting to it somehow.....ideas?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You need to determine if it is the speakers, amp or stereo. Rule out what's going on with the amp. See if you have sound coming out of it. Connect another set to the amp and see of they push out sound. If it works you should remove the door speakers and connect them to the amp using different wire. If it's okay, looks like you need to replace the wire. If it's not, the speakers are probably blown. Good Luck!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joeangel said:
You need to determine if it is the speakers, amp or stereo. Rule out what's going on with the amp. See if you have sound coming out of it. Connect another set to the amp and see of they push out sound. If it works you should remove the door speakers and connect them to the amp using different wire. If it's okay, looks like you need to replace the wire. If it's not, the speakers are probably blown. Good Luck!
ok ill try that. given the speakers are in bad condition i still find it strange that both front door speakers and the 2 tweeters blew at the exact same moment. i would imagine its a short in the wiring somewhere or the amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts