306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys , found my own answer, i found a copy of the japanese greddy manual

its a ns_hw-7 hotwire maf
switch setting 2-0-8

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
nickr how is the emanage working on the R? What are your impressions? dyno?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I haven't had time to put it in and probably will not for a while. Just ultra busy at work, as summer is the busy time for cement companies.

I got a couple things I want to do and get before I get it setup.

1. Trying to decide which wideband setup to go with, zeitronix or the lm-1.
2. I got a new 3inch elbow and downpipe however it doesn't fit with a/c i got to take it to a local welder i know to see if it can be modded to fit. Else i'll either have to suck it up and sell the pipe or lose the a/c.
3. Wait for my tax return.

However I did pick it up for a steal 225$ canadian , emanage, injector, ignition, map sensor and harness, serial cable and software.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
You do know that the only way to tune with a wideband through the emanage is to use the boost port which means you can't use the map sensor! Now, if you just want the wideband as extra to monitor the A/F ratio, then why not the gauge type AEM UEGO?

Brent

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i'd like to have the ability to datalog, so the zeitronix is looking quite attractive right now without that nifty lcd screen.
i've got 2 laptops from work and 3 more at home i could use, so i could datalog with the zeitronix and the emanage at the same time.

i gotta do more research when i have time.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Keep us updated as i will be going emanage as well. I have been searching for some tunes if you know of any let me know. I plan to piggy it off my boxer ecu.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
You don' tneed a tune man. You can't use someone else's tune on your car. The ECU you put on the car is your base tune. You then modify fuel injector and maf. The base tune still works fine. Then, you fine tune the parts of the map you don't like after some data logging and runs. You will find you don't need to mess with the emanage much at all.

Brent

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Brent i actually meant maps. I understand the base tune is the ecu.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Same thing, the maps are the tune. YOu don't need or want maps from other people really. Someone may adjust for a dip in power or bad idle that your car doesn't have. Simply hook up the emanage, make the injector/maf change and run the car. If you have lean spots or something then add fuel, opposite for rich condition.

Brent

·
Registered
100 Posts
You do know that the only way to tune with a wideband through the emanage is to use the boost port which means you can't use the map sensor! Now, if you just want the wideband as extra to monitor the A/F ratio, then why not the gauge type AEM UEGO?

Brent
No.
you can connect wideband to maf2 input in emanage and you can still use boost sensor. But the maf2 is not visible in Support tool. Required is app called emanagetools. It works, i am using it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
maybe the 1.0.0.1, not sure
i will have a look tomorow cause this one which i posted here is from this computer. And the one what iam using is in the carputer

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts