1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
no, and no. i believe

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
I would think no and yes.... it can control Vtec, so wouldn't it be a similar signal that could be modified by the emanage? There may be some extra wiring involved, but there is on a vvl motor anyway...

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
No one that I know of is using the E-manage on a VE. You can control the cam switches on a VE and even tell it to keep that cam lope "on" when it falls below the switchover point. For example, you tell the intake to switch over at 5000 rpms, well you can also tell it once it opens at 5000 rpms to stay open until it falls below X rpm level. It's like you are "creating" a bigger window opening for it. This is only though from what I have been told from someone who is running the E-manage.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
umm...with msd/summit you are turning on the intake at 5000, and it stays on until it drops below 5000....so your saying with emanage you can have it kick on at 5000 and then stay on til it drops below, lets say, 4000? what would be the advantage of this? i wouldnt think if anything this would cause power loss.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
I might be effective if you are off and on the gas really quickly. Not really sure, just stating what might be a possibility of use for someone. I'm going with a JWT ECU eventually.

·
retired
1,501 Posts
Just for searching reasons, I'm running the e-manage with the VE and using the e-manage to control the vvl, both cams switch at the same time. Ill try having them both switch at diff. times once I have some free time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts