SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, me and Marc Anderson tackled my mounts and AEBS today. the 2 biggest PITA jobs ive ever done! Anyways, my question is this. For all you that have done a header. How in the hell do you get the fitting for the EGR tube to catch a thread on the header?!?!?! I cant get the things to line up the rihgt way at all. Soon I may just give it a good whack with a heavy hammer and hope it doesnt leak! im so mad at it! Right now this is my on;ly problem, but im sure when i go to finish up tomorow, ill have more! leem know if you guys have anything that could help!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
don't tighten up anything until you get it started. just loosen up some stuff, even the egr tube under the intake (2x10mm?) and it will go on. otherwise you are pretty much going to be dicking with it all day.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Had the same problem with my Hotshot. We ended up bending the tube a little with a huge screwdriver to get the threads to line up.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Had the same problem with my Hotshot. We ended up bending the tube a little with a huge screwdriver to get the threads to line up.

</font>
screwdriver, eh, well ill try more tomorow. what we tried was to stick a big fat open wrench in the bend to try to pull the EGR tube out.(it needs to come out and down just a tad, to line up perfect) and it was still being a pain.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
don't tighten up anything until you get it started. just loosen up some stuff, even the egr tube under the intake (2x10mm?) and it will go on. otherwise you are pretty much going to be dicking with it all day.

</font>
Im gonna try loosening it from under the intake tomorow. i thought about it today, but i didnt want to start anyhting else. i just wanted to come in and eat
We also tried lossening the header back up and wigglin it around, but there is not much play in it. its a really tight fit, its almost right up against AC lines and the alternator

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, im Sure MarC will read this, so I wanna take the time to thank him for all his help, once again. It would have been even more of a pain in the ass by myself
And thanks for the McD's, i ran out of money after havin to buy a dremel and bits, I will buy you some food next time i se ya!

------------------

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, my stillen was a real close fit, but if you can get it angled in there just a little bit it will go on like (insert analogy) and you will be so happy

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Heheh. It's almost 1pm the next day and his car is still not done..........
</font>
hey, ass, i started at 12 oclock, its now 1:39 and the only thing i have left to do it that damn egr tube!

------------------

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
How in the hell do you get the fitting for the EGR tube to catch a thread on the header?!?!?! I cant get the things to line up the rihgt way at all.
</font>
Ryan, I had to almost remove the EGR tube from the rear to get it to start into the header.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oh man, what a fun time it is at Ryans house STILL trying to get that EGR tube on. It's now 5:30 pm EST.....thats about 36 hours since the AEBS project was first started. I just got home from running him to parts stores trying to get things to make that damned little pipe fit.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Ryan, I had to almost remove the EGR tube from the rear to get it to start into the header.

</font>
Did that. The freakin header must be threaded with the wrong pitch or some ****, i dunno! i gotta figure something out soon, though.

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I fixed it! details in anohter post.

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts