SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anybody has removed their stock emmisions equipment on their s13. While putting a header on today I realized what a PITA it was, especially on this car...I did it on my sentra with no repurcutions, however, I wasn't sure if it would affect the engine at all??

·
A.K.A. 2Fass240us
1,224 Posts
I took mine out too, but haven't smogged my car. I don't plan to though, because it'll be a track car.

But I think you can remove the PAIR and PAIR valve and still pass (as long as you don't burn oil, that is).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm bout to drop a KA in my s14 that has a EGR blockoff plate on it. i'll let ya know how mine turns out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whoflungpoo said:
I'm bout to drop a KA in my s14 that has a EGR blockoff plate on it. i'll let ya know how mine turns out.
Do you know where the plate is from or who made it?? I could probably mock one out of alumnium and gasket seal real quickly, but if one is available i'd prefer to buy it.

So what about the electrical sensor and little vaccuum (how the hell do you spell that? lol I always got that one wrong at spelling bees) at the base of the catch can, are those ok to remove as well?

·
Registered
127 Posts
yup, remove all the wiring for that stuff. you eally dont need to spend money on a block off... use a nickel, it fits perfectly. just put it in the original nut thing, itll seal perfectly too. i cut the vacuum hose back by the throttle body and sealed it off.

G

·
What all did you guys take off? What about all that vacuum stuff on the driver side strut tower? Can some make a list or a picture off all the crap that was taking off? TIA

·
Registered
127 Posts
you can remove all the crap bolted to the drivers side strut tower.

and remove all the vaccuum lines going across the front of the motor, only leave the one vaccuum and one fuel thing going to the charcoal canister, youll have this left (also the wiring, i didnt mess with that in the main harness):

cut the vaccuum lines under the TB, i sealed them by folding them over and double zip-tying them.

end result will look like this:

any questions?

G

·
Great thanks. The motor is out n it is a 96! What about the vacuum mess behind the motor? And the big metal thing that connects to the exhaust?

·
Registered
127 Posts
take thart big metal pipe off totally. use a nickel in each end to seal up the holes. i have a 91, and there wasnt any vaccuum stuff behind the motor, other than the 2 solenoid things like behind the valve cover, and i left those.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You removed your clutch run fan? Does the car ever overheat??? Damn..cause if I can run without it I will :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
ha, thanks. i dont have licence for a littlw while, so i do nothing but clean/work on my car. put a shiny new brake booster and MC in yesterday, so it looks even cleaner :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It's probably a heluuva lot cleaner to do it when you have all the bullshit outa the way. I'm off tomorrow, looks like car time :D hehe.
Header/testpipe install/4-point weld-in/interior strip/emission removal/fan removal/paint vc/then change oil :D hehe...looks like about 4 hours if I multitask correctly...and the ****in seattle rain holds up.

BTW: has anybody pulled the intake manifold to pull out the butterflies?? Just wondeing what I should look out for, how much time I should need, and what gaskets I'd need to replace. I just wanna see how much hp I can get outa the ka with bolt-ons...I'm hoping for 150whp/ft-lbs without cams or ecu...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts