SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the clasic owners. I just purchased a '92. Several things are different under the hood from my '96. My question is...what is the valve that the EGR tube goes through that sits on the front of the motor right next to the oil seperator? Is that the PAIR valve? I heard that removing the PAIR valve affects idle, is this true? The tube that routes into the air filter box has broken off so the EGR is just recirculating exhaust gas into the engine bay. I want to remove this crap so I can get to the motor when I need to. I removed all of the EGR crap from my '96 with no ill effects. Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

------------------
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned...
'92 E Lots of factory bolts still in place
'92 SE-R all stock with out a sunroof, just added to the family!

G

·
0 Posts
Yes the black box is the PAIR valve, and yes removing it will affect your idle. The rest of the emission stuff can go. That includes the tube you are talking about. You will have to seal the exit from your exhaust manifold(the tube) as well as the holes left from the EGR valve on top of your intake manifold.

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
Yes the black box is the PAIR valve, and yes removing it will affect your idle. The rest of the emission stuff can go. That includes the tube you are talking about. You will have to seal the exit from your exhaust manifold(the tube) as well as the holes left from the EGR valve on top of your intake manifold.
can u post pics of what can be removed and what cant and circle it so i can get a clear understanding of what i can give the boot:biggthump

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
You are to be commended for searching, guys. However, please note that the original post is FIVE YEARS OLD.

I honestly doubt that the original poster (Russell) will see this or post pics from 5 years ago.

·
Im all about the 4x4
1,692 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
You are to be commended for searching, guys. However, please note that the original post is FIVE YEARS OLD.

I honestly doubt that the original poster (Russell) will see this or post pics from 5 years ago.

ok thats cool i just did not want some jerk to say ( SEARCH ) but i figured someone else might have some input as well so i gave it a shot.

·
Registered
417 Posts
guy i need help i need pt my pair vaule back on cuz my car idles at like 2 grand and it has poor acceleration?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts