SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone gotting rid of the smog tube.the tube that connects from the header to the intake maifold.has anyone gotting rid of that and that whole thing it connects too and what did u do as far as covering the holes for the intake manifold and the header and what did u do with the other hoses that conect to all that bullshit..

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
search "EGR removal"... you will find a lot of good posts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,ill check into that..i cleaned out my intake mainfold and i look at the smog tube and its ****ing nasty,so basically after me cleaning it its probably gonna get dirty again in like a week filled with that nasty **** from it...how is that sea foam ****..i hear it works good but does it clean ur injectors or is it jsut for ur oil...

·
fugg it
245 Posts
put about 1/3 of a bottle in via your brake booster.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got to say..after removing all that **** my car runs alot nicer..almost sounds like i got fuel system on there..runsa alot cleaner without the **** from the header going back into the intake.its a little bit louder too,the exhaust and a little bit higher rmp but runs nice :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya,all that stuff that comes out of ur header goes back in ur intake manifold.i got ird of all that today..kinda sounds like i got cams.runs alot nicer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts