SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I PURCHASED AND AM INSTALLING AN ENERGY SUSPENSION BUSHING KIT, AND SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS SO MY QUESTION IS THIS, I AM HALF WAY THRU WITH THIS INSTALL AND WHEN I WENT TO PUT SWAY BAR BUSHINGS ON THE BACK THEY WERE WAY TO BIG FOR THE BAR IS THERE A REASON DID I GET A WRONG PART OR SOMETHING,THE FRONT ONES FIT JUST FINE.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP,JASON

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
I have done three ES bushing kit installs.. and never ever ran into this problem.

can you measure the ID of the bushings that you are talking about?

that might help some.. and as I imagine (since energy prolly does not **** up like that) you have the right bushings... and your bar is not stock or not a stock nx2k bar?
that is all i can imagine

let us know
later

david lau

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also there are two odd looking bushings I think that they go over the ball joint on my front control arms is this correct??

thanks jason

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NX-t:
also there are two odd looking bushings I think that they go over the ball joint on my front control arms is this correct??

thanks jason
</font>

Tie rod end boots IIRC.
What is the size of the sway bar bushings?
david

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sway bar looks like it is 1/2" inch, but the bushing looks like it is about 1" or so is this right?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It's the bolt holes that don't line up right? Do you have stock bars or aftermarket bars?

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
no waht he is saying is that the actual urethane insert that holds the rear swaybar in position is too large for the sway bar.. which, is really odd.

which kit did you order? I did the 18104r, or at least that part number comes to mind.. I ordered the kit three times, like I said, no mistakes

I am confused.. I can go measure my rear sway bar and see if it is any different from yours but it does sound like you have the wrong bushing.

Or, you really ****ed up, and put the ones for the rear in the front and .. did you?
it's ok we all make mistakes.. check it out? cause the front bar is ~an inch and the rear bar is ~ a half inch and the odds are that energy did not make a mistake since it is a machine that does the packaging not a person and really.. anyways.. which ones did you put in the front?

david

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the right ones onthe front, they fit perfectly, and the bushing size for that rear sway bar is 1/2 inch but the bushing is 3/4 of an inch I went and measured it, and I a picture i saw there were four of those tie rod end/ball joint bushings wich does it actually go to, am I missing parts I ordered the master set for the car from the local shop, at the same time I ordered the solid motor mounts also but those havent made it in yet. I have a NX1600 and a NX2000 and the rear sway bars are the same size is this right I think someone swapped out the sway bars on me I think I'm going to go the junkyard and check it out. if you know something that will help let me know
Thanks, Jason

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS INTAKE,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS AND MOUNTS.

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

1 - 8 of 8 Posts