SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose any one know how much a sr2ode engin cost in canada. i have a nx 1600 and i want to change my engin. but i dont know where to look and how much it will cost. also if i make the swap do i have to change anything other thing. any infomation will help.

thank you very much

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
well to swap a sr20de in a 1600 is a bit labor intensive, motor mounts have to get moved, new wiring harness, probly want a brake upgrade and a few other small things, buy the time its all done it would be cheeper to get a 2000 if your goal is to make it a 2000 in stcok form

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just want to change the engin. cuz my baby is burning oil. so it won't be long till she dies. do u know how around how much it will cos to buy a new or used engin.

thanks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i dont know how much it will cost ya but you will need the tranny, axles, and other miscalenious(i can't spell) engine compartment parts. i am in the same predicament cuz it is very very very very difficult to find any nx in upstate ny. i had to go to vermont to find my 1.6.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you want to wait until March,I'm probably going to sell you my engine because I'm doing a Bluebird swap.
I can sell you the motor for about 500$.No burning oil,compression is good and it have 192 000km on it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i know these SR are built to last but are u sure u wanna buy a 192,000km motor?
wouldn't it be wiser to sell your 1600 and buy a 2000 instead?
even if u get the motor u buy is $500, it won't be cheap to do the swap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didn't say i was gonna take it for sure. i just kept that in mind for an option. i might just buy a 2000 or an other car. btw how much dose a nx 2000 cost now a days.

·
Registered
594 Posts
if u wanna find a 2000, u gotta be patient. it took me 3 months looking every week and i live same place u do. i got like a deal of a lifetime when i bought mine.
there was one awhile back, like a month ago, really really cheap.
it was $2600cdn with somewhat low km's. they might still have it

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
No SR cars are easy to find. I had to hope and prey. It seems these days mine is the easiest to find. But I think its the best looking. Next to the nx's of course . :D ;) :cool:
Try autobytel, and Carbuyers market, and Canadian equivalents. Some of them you can set to alert you by email when a certain car becomes listed.
For me part of it was dumb luck, and I did get a really good deal.
IMHO do not attempt to put an SR into a Ga car unless you are really dedicated, and have $$ to burn.

·
Finnish Nut
171 Posts
Well I did the swap this summer from 1.6 to 2.0, it's no small task and i had alot of problems, but it can be done.
You're gonna need a alot of parts besides the engine so I guess
a buying wrecked car would be your best bet. Well that's what i did!
If you want I can send you some pics!
And if you have any questions Im glad to help if i can!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
first of all i can't spell for **** so please excuse my spelling. ok sure that will be great Frosty if u can send my some picks. thanks to you all for helping me. i appreciate it very much. i see it is not wirth it to swap if i decide to swap i will make sure i get all the info i can in it and the sideaffects.

thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i went to the sit that Subculture said to go to if i or anybody else wated to swap. after reading that site and what that guy went through i rather buy a 2000 then swap. there was to much things to change and i don't have $ to burn so thank you Subculture.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
No problem. Of course you could always just "mod" your NX1600. JWT has an ECU upgrade as well as cams. and HotShot has a header available. U.R. has a lightweight crank pulley available. And the suspension components are interchangeable. Plus you could do the NX2000 brake upgrade. Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my NX2000 from a dealer only auction. I got it for $800 with a nearly blown engine.(actually it threw a rod through the block on the way home and I had to tow it)Then I went and ordered a j-spec SR20DE for Nippon Engines for $650 after shipping. Then I simply did the engine swap with a uncle and now I am rolling in a j-spec NX2000!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts