SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of junk do you guys use to clean your engines? the front of my block looks like someone threw a dirtball at it and looks like trash and I want to have it clean by the convention. any suggestions? recommendations?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im going to try the Simple Green method in a day or two. Just taking the tips from Shell Black's tips on se-r.net Mine isnt too dirty but got a lot of dust as I noticed today while doing the work on the car.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I still dont like pressure washing engines espicaly not without covering up lots of stuff. Electricity and water dont mix. i will do it by hand and be light with the water.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Bowlcut is right. You do need to cover up ALL the electricals. I use small plastic shopping bags. I bag everything. Distributor,relay/fuse boxes,TPS,MAF,etc. Then I'm real careful about how close I let the nozzle get to bagged items. After I finish I take a shop vac and vacuum up excess water in the engine compartment, then I let the motor run for several minutes to dry everything off.

G

·
0 Posts
I use a tootbrush and Simple Green. My engine stays pretty much spotless with this method. Use the water sparingly and you are fine. Wet rags wipe off almost all of the Simple Green and grime. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, I went to pep boys to see if I could find anything, and I did. there is this stuff called cd2 and works like a charm. this is a two part cleaner and shiner, first you spray the degraser on your engine and spray it off, let it dry off, and spray the shiner on it and you are done. looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts