SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I rebuilt my car, scott Parker from manhattan motorsports back in the day said that the oil passages were clogged so he "massaged them all" what ever that meant. then he told me that I should use engine flush every other oil change. is this ok to use that often? won't it deteriorate the gaskets and cause oil leaks in time? what do you guys think?

G

·
The only detrimental outcome I've heard from using stuff like that is that it removes all of the contaminates floating around or stuck to your internal engine parts, and then proceeds to jam your oil pump up pretty well(after a while).

G

·
I read an article about partial clogging of oil passages and did notice a tendency of the engine to need a reduced quantity of oil after a change. I tried the STP flush and it did seem to take more oil to bring the crankcase up to full. I have done this twice (once a year) thus far with out any noticeable problem.

G

·
I think this was probably more of a problem with some of my old V-8's oil pumps and engines than with foriegn cars. If you want to keep sludge to a minimum,try using something like Rislone engine treatment at each oil change-it keeps your engine internals clean.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
My friwnd tried it, the STP. He hasn't had a problem. But how many miles were on the car when he said he "massaged them?" Could you find out what in thw world that meant?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it had 40,000 miles 6 years ago and no I don't know what it meant but he told me he made them smoother and slightly larger.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
There are revised cam oiling tubes from Nissan for the 91 SE-R. I dont remember if it applies to any other year. They have slightly larger passages.
I tried to find the old posts from the se-r.net archives. They are currently down for their weekly update.

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/
look just in the year 2000.
try searching for:
revised cam oil sludge

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Here are the part numbers for the revised Nissan cam oiler tubes.
15108-53J03 tube assy. with discount $22.09
15108-53J13 tube assy. with discount $22.09

The person that posted this had a 95G20t auto that was having sludge problems. But I dont know when the switch was made for production.

I would trust these more than drilled out ones, and they are not that expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts