SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tell me everything i need to know about engine mounts. Im sure almost everyone has had to deal with them so what are your experiences. Have you had a dealer install them or is it shadetree-mechanic-doable. My car has 98k and im probably gonna start with the front and rear mount then see if i gotta do the liguid filled one. Also how bad is the vibrations from the polyurethane mounts... i do not want any kind of booming like scc mentioned in thier se-r. Any info would be appreciated especially about how to install since i will probably do it myself

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Go to:
http://www.se-r-list.org/

and search the 2001 archives for the "Motor Mount Inforama" thread by Jim Rowland. Between the posts by Ray and I, you should get a good idea of what the job involves.

Unfortunately, John Heer's page about the install is down. Rick Zotz's procedure is about the same thing, though.

Your car will still be livable if you use OEM mounts, Energy Suspension inserts, or a combination of the two (you'd need a press for some of the ES mounts). Installing Place Racing or JWT solid rubber mounts would definitely make your car rumble - they're kinda extreme from what I read.

G

·
I bought some ES torque mounts for the cross memeber (front wishbone and the back mount). The hardest one to put on was the wishbone one I had to put some grease around the mounts so it would slide in alittle bit easier still a pain but I was still able to do it with just a screwdriver and a vice grip. I am not always on the internet but this was the best way for me.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a good look at all the mounts but i have one remaining question. There are four mounts total... right? Well does that include the one on the transaxle. I only found three if it does not include that one... When looking at the car from the front i found the front wishbone mount the left liquid mount and the rear mount near the crossmember as well as this transaxle mount... is that it?

[This message has been edited by Black93 (edited 09-17-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts