SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Japanese SR20DE along with a tranny....can anyone make any suggestions of any reputable engine recyclers. And how much should I spend? I have a 94 classic with a serious engine problem, 5th gear pop out and a 96K mile original clutch so i figured it will be a load less work to change it all out at the same time and then I can fool with the old stuff this winter.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Mike Gosselin has, SR20B12 or whatever has... hello guys?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Check back more than 20 days in the forum - Mike G. talks about destroying his NA engine and going with an SR20DET BB swap. Think he got his engine from SOKO....#'s on SE-R.net. I checked recently - $1800.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
you just want an NA engine right? check out <a href="http://www.rsengines.com">rising sun engines</a>... they quoted me 695 for a high port and 995 for a low port.

they don't have DETs

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Click on the tiny link for UBB Code on the page and it will tell you

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
I've posted many times on the main list that K. Watanabe is offering SR20DE's for $210. They are JDM high port motors with approx. 35K miles, I've just bought one and its really clean. I sent it to an engine builder to have them check the clearances on the bearings, everything is perfect and the crank is not scored at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts