SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just gave me his 1995 Sentra XE. I want to do an engine swap because the current engine has over 215,000 miles on it. I don't know much about Sentra engine swaps so im asking you folks what you think the best engine to put in there is. I will eventually want to turbocharge it so whats the best engine for that. Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
its stock ;)
2,293 Posts
I would go with a jdm sr20det it is already turbo, i am not sure on what it would take to get it in. If your car has a sr20de engine in it already it would drop right in, but i belive your car has a 1.6L engine. defenitly do a lot of research before you buy anything.

·
Registered
529 Posts
just swap in another 1.6 and build that up

could be fun there are a few people on here who have done that

·
Registered
529 Posts
ProjectB14 said:
Thats also a good idea, but say I can't find another one, how much would a rebuild cost?

Chris

more then a used JDM, by alot

SOKO has the 1.6 motors i do beleive

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
ProjectB14 said:
Ok...would getting the engine rebuilt and turbocharging it be any cheaper.

Chris
If your gonna rebuild the GA and turbocharge it, you mine as well put lower compression pistons and better rods and all that good stuff, that way you can boost the crap out of it. Havent seen a bottom end built GA. But, If you wanna go fast for cheap, your best bet would be to get a BB sr20det and swap out the 1.6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is also another option for me to consider.

I was quoted at 675 plus freight for a GA16 from SOKO. So i think i might do that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided paint and body should go first. So i think the old engine is gonna get ripped and then everything can get painted and straightened out. Then i'll get the new engine and start moding.

-chris

·
Registered
529 Posts
ProjectB14 said:
That is also another option for me to consider.

I was quoted at 675 plus freight for a GA16 from SOKO. So i think i might do that.

SOKO West coast or SOKO Midwest

Westcoast has cheaper motors but shipping kills you if you live too far away
Midwest was cheaper for me b/c I live in MD, only $100 for shipping

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SOKO Midwest.

Shipping is gonna be 85-90 dollars, but the guy i talked to also said that if i needed it delivered to a reidential area (my house) that it would be like another 50.

What do you think about my paint first then engine?

-Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts