SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2000 Suzuki Esteem Wagon.
I am interested in swaping the stock engine/gearbox and whatever is necessary for a Nissan SR20DE or SR20DET or any high performance Nissan engine that could fit in the Wagon.
Anyone has any ideas, suggestions or guidance about this idea?

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
why don't you sell the esteem and by a nissan? Inter-manufacturer swaps don't tend to be welcomed or really ever discussed here.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Cost way too much for what you would get. Not to mention everything having to be custom fabbed and the down time there would be for the work to be done. I'm guessing it could easily approach $10k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I am now beginning to be persuaded in just getting a Nissan rather than modifying my grocery/newspaper mobile!

Thanks guys!

At the same time, do you all have any suggestions on whaich Nissan I should be looking for with the following criteria:
- Not too Costly
- turbo charged
- fast
- DURABLE

I am not too interested in looks but in Performance!

·
Registered
470 Posts
get a b13 (91-94) and be done with. they can be found for cheap and easy to boost.

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
daveracer said:
b13 or b14 se-r and swap in an sr20det

right. There's been a couple for sale lately with it already done in the classefieds section.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
danman1 said:
Well, I am now beginning to be persuaded in just getting a Nissan rather than modifying my grocery/newspaper mobile!

Thanks guys!

At the same time, do you all have any suggestions on whaich Nissan I should be looking for with the following criteria:
- Not too Costly
- turbo charged
- fast
- DURABLE

I am not too interested in looks but in Performance!

Where are you from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts