SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. has anyone tried to swap a VQ30DE v6 into an NX2000????. we are currently racing a 91 nx in regional racing and have just about topped out our na sr20de. we really don't want to install a turbo (we like to watch the racing with minimal tuning on the car.) Right now we are dynoed at about 200 hp at the wheels but need more. I don't care about suspension since it all race pieces anyways.
thanx
Dave

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
What kind of mods have you done to get 200 whp? If you want minimal tuning, then forget about the VQ swap. Buy a DET, use the manifold, turbo, injectors, and get a IC, and forget about it.

·
VE powered
556 Posts
I have yet to hear of anyone swapping a VQ30 into a B13 although I've heard of a kit that will allow you to put a VG30 into a 510. Dave Lum is the guy you should talk to. This is his site http://www.datsuns.com/indexmain.htm

He should have a good idea of how much room the VG30 engine/tranny takes up compared to a SR20 engine/tranny.

His current project is putting a SR20DET into a Datsun 1200.

Also, I'm curious as to what mods you've done to your car to enable 200 hp at the wheels?

Steve
'92 SE-R

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
The DET on a set of V700's works well except in 1st gear. I run 10psi which made about 220hp/tq to the wheels on the dyno. If you stick with the T25 its smooth enough going onto boost that you don't wish it was a NA motor. I also you can take advantage of not having the heavy engine braking of a high compression motor when you back off the throttle.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanx for the replies
currently our engine is running all the basic mods(300zx pistons,piston coolers,nismo head gasket, extrude honed intake, hot shot header, custom ground race cams from Sunbelt Performance(they are a few years old),lightened flywheel,underdrive pulleys,adjustable cam gears) right now compression is at about 225 psi across all cylinders. We run a 60% race gas and 40% 94 octane gas through stock injectors, at 60 psi. the timing is set at 14 degrees and it has a programmable ecm. t stat has been removed and replaced with a reducer(current temp while on the track is about 185 degrees F.)
We've surprised A LOT of acura and mazda rx7 drivers
We have a set of jwt c3 cams on order and i'll let you know if we get any increase.

[This message has been edited by dgerryts (edited 09-09-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts