SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new sr20 engine will not start, won't turn over, no power from key to ?? lights come on, battery is good, grounds are good. what should I look for next ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have power to starter but it will still not turn over, i haven't found a fuse blown yet, but they might be hiding. could issue be in the clutch control system ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah. you can check for voltage at the neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal. that switch may be bad or not plugged in. If you have voltage there just jumper the wires to see if it works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
damn i am have the same problem i check out 2. pulled the starter out and had it check and it bad so i hope it just that ??? but i do every thing you guys said

·
solo swappa
128 Posts
is the motor cranking? what happens when you turn the key? clicking noise?
Could be a weak battery (you didnt buy one from walmart did you?!)...FYI a weak battery from walmart will show good voltage with the trusty multimeter, but may not pump out enough mojo for the starter's appetite.

·
Registered
28 Posts
check your clutch relay on pass. side relay box...i had the same problem everything checked out. Even the clutch relay was good. I did however have a electrical problem underneath the relay, i just jumped the relay and car started right up.

·
slickmaster brraaapppp
338 Posts
starter or relay....def

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, car stated a few times, but now have no spark, and it has been hard to start , where to start looking ??

·
-
3,560 Posts
Is it dying? Is it idling once it starts? How are you testing for spark?

·
-
3,560 Posts
Fuel filter?

·
B13
112 Posts
check your distributer cap and rotor and the gasket inbetween the cap mine had a hard time starting and it was because of that

·
Brand Loyal since birth.
21 Posts
I'm also having a no-spark situation. Just slapped in a fresh 10:1 de w/ S3 cams etc. got everything buttoned up and it'll turn over no prob, but no spark.
fuel pressure-check.
tps sensor voltage-perfect.
voltage to coil-check.
The weird part is, i have the battery voltage going to the coil, but when i lay the coil wire across the valve cover and crank it, i'm seeing nothing.
Anybody got any advice?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts