SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ran the obdll checker on my friends palm pilot to find out why my cel light is on and the idle is rough,,,it said error o171 system too lean? how do i fix it? what could it be?

·
Registered
377 Posts
instead of using your friends PDA you should use the integrated diagnostic codes through your ECU. you can find the code checking procedure and code legend at www.se-r.net, just search. I know on my 200sx se-r, the "Too Lean" code is 0115 ( 1 long flash, 15 short flashes of the CEL on the instrument cluster). Things to check for this would be: Check the injector, fuel pressure, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor &/or the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
rooster said:
i ran the obdll checker on my friends palm pilot to find out why my cel light is on and the idle is rough,,,it said error o171 system too lean? how do i fix it? what could it be?
My girlfriend had the same code on her Toyota Echo. Thankfully, the car was still under warranty, and the dealership replaced the MAF. You might want to check the voltage of the MAF to see if it is working properly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
well i can tell you that its a generic code, not a manufactures code. and that its a Fuel & Air problem. but you best bet is checking at the site listed above, to find out what it is... im sure it has to be a sensor on the exhaust system (O2) or somewhere on the fuel side... those are mainly the only sensors that control fuel to make it fun lean. it could be as simple as a bad O2 sensor!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved the dealer gave me the wrong air flow meter,,i cracked mine adjusting the cai ,,i got the one for the maxima

1 - 6 of 6 Posts