SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
YOUR F0RUM SUX
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok... I have had a CEL on for a while now and I figured it was from my rear 02 sensor. So I went to autozone and had them run a OBDII test and this is what was found. Now notice that the error codes that they gave me do not match...http://www.se-r.net/engine/ecu_codes_200sx.html

And this is the reason why I am looking for an answer.

( 1 ) Code

Troubleshooting P1105
OEM Brand: Nissan/Datsun

Definition:
MAP/BARO pressure switch solenoid valve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^ I have never heard of this?!?!?!?!

( 2 ) Code

Troubleshooting P0135
OEM Brand: OBDII

The PCM has determined that a malfunction exist in the heater circuit for the oxygen sensor 1 in bank 1 (Oxygen sensor 1 is closest to the cylinder head before the catalytic converter, while oxygen sensors 2 & 3 are located further downstream and are typically mounted in or after the catalytic converter) ( bank 1 identifies the location of cylinder #1, while bank 2 identifies the cylinders on the opposite bank)

^^^does not make a damn bit of sense?!?! sensors 2 and 3?!?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

( 3 ) Code

Troubleshooting P0141
OEM Brand : OBDII

The PCM has determined that a malfunction exist in the heater circuit for the oxygen sensor 2 in bank 1.....( same as above in code 2 ) blah blah blah.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... so it looks to me that code 1, I have no idea what the hell that is. Now 2 and 3 seem to be the same other than the fact that code 2 says that my front O2 is bad or something is wrong with it. Which I'm almost 99% sure that isn't the issue. As for code 3, I'm pretty sure that's my issue. Just for the fact that when I did my SSAC header I also bought a test pipe that was made for the 95-97 200sx. I didn't know this before I couldn't get the rear O2 out of the car because it was rusted all to hell so i cut the harness. Once I found out it wouldn't work I put it back in... Ran about 2 months with it disconnected. Then I decided to re wire it. CEL went off for a day then returned. Which I think it's clogged up. Do you think it could just be clogged? I know I wired it back up correctly.

That's an easy fix... I just need a new rear o2 and or used one. But as far as the 1st code... I need help..

Anyone?

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
I think MAP/BARO thing is the boost sensor on the fire wall:

It looks like both of your O2 sensors as well. I'd say the "3rd" sensor is generic info from the system (some other OBD2 cars have more sensors).

·
YOUR F0RUM SUX
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well honestly... nothing really changed. I don't think that rear o2 does much of anything but throw a code and become a PITA. I just want it fixed because my damn cruise control doesn't work with out it for some reason. Unless that might be the MAP sensor. Humm... interesting.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
bump this up. has anyone else got the p1105 code as well? i have it on my 98 se and would like to get it taken care of. ive already reset the ecu and reground the maf, but still got the code. anyone have a map sensor from a part out car they would like to sell?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.