SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Ken Nord(Nu Tech U.S.A.)and I installed my ES A-Arm and Trailing link bushings. We also installed new ball joints,and the Nu Tech adjustable rear stabilizer bar. All I can say is this set up is very nice! It isn't harsh at all. The Nu Tech adjustable rear stabilizer bar gives a little more oversteer,but this helps with quicker turn ins.
For any of you NX pilots out there with more than 100K on the clock,which is just about ALL of you,I highly recommend changing you stock rubber bushings for the ES ones.
Also Nu Tech USA has a nice deal. Send in your a-arms,and money, and they'll return them with the ES bushings and new ball joints installed. That way all you'll have to do is just bolt them back in and be on your way!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Cool! I think you're going to be happy with that! Sounds like a quality piece.

I was just talking to Ken on Friday, and I'm holding off on the bar for 3 months or so, until the front is for sale as well.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
damn, how much do they charge for that? I got the bushings at the house too. I just can't find a good shop to do it for me :-(

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I think I worked out that it would be around $800 CDN, shipped.

Don't quote me on that, it's an estimate, and I'm sorry it's in CDN dollars. For US dollars, minus 45%.

I hate paying 45% on all my mods. The Volks were a bitch! The GABs hurt a bit too.

At least my paintjob is in CDN dollars.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure how much NU TECH U.S.A. charges for the ready made A-Arms. But call them at (310)378-0130 or FAX (310)378-1640. They don't have a web site up yet. And depending on where you live they might be able to suggest a shop. OR,you could break out your FSM and do it yourself. Installing the bushings isn't hard,you just need a press for the ball joints.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I know, I just don't have a press and or the time to take it to a shop. I also talked to our head mechanic who has installed them and says it does not really get rid of that much wheel hop anyways. but ya, I have had the whole a-arm out before, not very hard at all.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getting rid of wheelhop wasn't one of the main reasons for replacing my OE bushings. It was fo better handling. And you wouldn't need a press,because NU TECH USA does that for you. You send them the money for the new A-Arms with ball joints and bushings installed+ plus core charge. And after you swap out A-Arms,you send them your old A-Arms for a return of your core charge. Simple. Plug and play. What could be better?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
thats true. I just don't have the money to dump into a core charge. my suspention feels pretty good anyways, most of my bushings are new anyways (factory) the only one that made a big diffrence is the steering rack bushings.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steering rack bushings. Hmmm,maybe I should replace mine. How difficult was it to replace? And how much are the bushings?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts