SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the ES bushings:

1) will they reduce torque steer?
2) are there other good brands for bushings?
3) what can i expect to pay for them?

TIA

·
_______
3,640 Posts
1, not if you have a turbo! ;) the pourpose of the m-mounts is to reduce the movement of the motor and it stiffens up the chassie a bit also. You might get a small reduction but the goal is to eliminate the trans from smacking the x-member and cracking it.

2, sure for alot more $ JWT and PR sell them

3, $29 for the f/r $29(?) for the l/r

Mike

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, I should have made myself clear. I am talking about suspension bushings, not motor mounts. I already have aftermarket motor mounts.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Doh! I should have read the title of the thread.

I heard the ES bushings help wheel hop but I haven't heard anything about tourqe steer. They are on my list of mods to do.

Mike... the dumbass

G

·
0 Posts
The ES control arm bushings were one of the best mods done to my car. When I took it to Carlsbad Raceway about a year ago I didn't have them and during the launch, my wheels move forward in the well about 3"!!! It's not as bad in a B13 as the control arm bushings in them are a little better than the B14.

The bushings took a good amount of torque steer away (although I don't think you can get rid of all of it in a high hp turbo car). I also have a lot better straight line traction than I did without them.

I highly recommend them!

Ryan
95 200SX Turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts