SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm getting my ES control arm bushings installed today, followed by an alignment. Can't wait. Has anyone else done this modification on their 200sx? Well I check in later to give my first impressions.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, I want to, and need to, I have sort of a small wheel hop problem (well, it jumps around until mid 2nd gear on the bottle) I have heard that they do help out on hop and keeping the tires planted (and we are an es dealer, so I can get them cheap too)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
how do you like em'? I might try to go buy some tomm and throw em on (well take apart all of my junk and install em')

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
got em', but I can't find my locking lug key, but I should have em' in by the end of this weekend (at least one side). these things do not look too hard to do, probably a two hour job since I have never done it before.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brian, you'll love them! To me the ride quality is like 98% the same, but the hole front end has a more tighter feel, the biggest difference is when you quickly turn the steering wheel back and forth. No more rubbery, floating feeling. P.S. Be sure and get an alignment, I noticed that a lot of times the toe is WAY off from nissan specs. This I hear eats tires quicker than negative camber. Good luck on the install.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
man, how in the world did you get the stock ones out? (or did you cheat and take it to a shop) I got everything out, I tried to pull off the control arm and I could not get the ball joint to budge, I tried to do it on the car, but could not push em' off by hand. kinda irritating, I guess when I get more time I will play with it more, but until then, wheelhop city :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I will do it soon, I had it somewhat apart yesterday and had to go buy a stupid 22mm wrench, and I might go to a bbq today, so maybe next weekend, or sometime this week.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, going to go buy one tomm. just sold my speakers to a buddy :) mmmmm, cai

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I don't think you could pull out a balljoint by hand. Pretty much have to have a puller tool. Go rent one from your auto parts store for cheap (or if it's Autozone, for free)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey brian, I had Les Schwabb order, install the bushings, and align the car. I don't have the tools or a shop to do the job. Wish I did though. I wish they made some bushings for the rear suspension on the 200sx.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
From what I've read on SE-R.net you do not want to replace the rear suspension bushings on the B14 because of the multilink rear beam with the Watts linkage and everything, the stock bushings are designed with a certain amount of flex for the Watts linkage to perform correctly. Again that's what I've read and listmembers seem to believe that so it seems to be true.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, got everything pulled out and could not get the bushings out. what a waste of time, I am going to have to go to a machine shop to have them pull the bushings and put the new ones in for me. what makes it even worse is the 90 degree temps w/ 80% humidity, feels like a sauna and it is only may :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts