SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang;

I just received my ES engine mount inserts (thanks, Project SE-R!), part #s 7-1105 and 7-1106.

Stupid question....but which goes where? I know I can figure it out once the car is on jackstands, but wanted to pose the question to those of you who have done this install before.

I'm familiar with the install procedures....just need to know (before lifting 'er up) which mount goes where.

Thanks for your responses.

(Edit) I know this has somewhat been covered in other posts, but not really: There's no mention in the posts, and the archives are useless, on which part # goes where. Didn't want you to think I'm being lazy or anything. (/Edit)

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Gang;

I just received my ES engine mount inserts (thanks, Project SE-R!), part #s 7-1105 and 7-1106.

Stupid question....but which goes where? I know I can figure it out once the car is on jackstands, but wanted to pose the question to those of you who have done this install before.

I'm familiar with the install procedures....just need to know (before lifting 'er up) which mount goes where.

Thanks for your responses.

(Edit) I know this has somewhat been covered in other posts, but not really: There's no mention in the posts, and the archives are useless, on which part # goes where. Didn't want you to think I'm being lazy or anything. (/Edit)

</font>
Shine a flashlight straight down at the front of your car at the front motor mount, which you can see w/o the car on stands. The oblong one goes in the front, as does the samll round one. I only installed the oblong one, and it did take a hydralic press. The round one was in perfect shape and looked to be real bad to replace so I left it alone. The ones that are (larger ) round with the protrusions go in the back by the firewall, and getting the cross member back in is very tough. Do some archive searches for tips, and e-mail me if you can't find any and I'll help you search. I had a tough time w the install with both my 18 y/o son and i working together.

Dan

·
Registered
727 Posts
NO PROBLEMO SERPRISE!

Glad they got to ya today so you have all weekend to fiddle with them!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after two hours of searching the SE-R.net archives, I made this original post.

I have since gone back in to the archives, and have discovered the secret, arcane logic you must use when searching over there: Don't search by what you're looking for, rather, search for what you're trying to accomplish (or something like that).

Finally, on about page twelveteen of a search for 'motor', I found the info I asked for above.

Yikes.

Only took three hours

·
Registered
727 Posts
Arent the archives a God-send?!

When are you gonna slap those bad boys on?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James;

If you're talking about a certain power steering hose, then YES, I need one. I had one taken from a lower-model Sentra, but that didn't work.

I'm having a BITCH of a time getting the original off. Two more autocrosses and the thing should just EXPLODE right off there, I figure.

Let me know what you've got: [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts